Go Cruise throttle control

kdburtch

Reaction score
Visit site
So do the scrunchys basically just take the spring action out of the grip? i.e. do you have to roll the throttle back yourself when you are just cruising around town?

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put one of these on my bike, works great with my Rizoma Grips as well.
What a simple and clever idea.

motorcycle throttle control

throttle.jpg

Thanks, that looks like a really nice option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
So do the scrunchys basically just take the spring action out of the grip? i.e. do you have to roll the throttle back yourself when you are just cruising around town?

Yes. You'll have to roll the throttle off when you want to decelerate. But, you'll have to do the same thing with the Go Cruise one too, only once you roll the throttle closed, the Go Cruise will be out of the way and the spring action of the throttle will be normal again.

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
If all you take are many short rides It's not needed just take it off 5 seconds at the most
But if your like me I hardly ride if im not going 100 miles or so it really comes in handy
I've been using them so long I don't even think about it's being on there.

Do not get the hair bands with the metal splices only use the ones that have glued together splices

The metal could jam and stop the movement.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting this, that'll come in handy on my morning commute! It'll help keep me from speeding as much anyways, on that boring freeway. :D

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Are the Rizoma grips (or grips in general) difficult to install on your own?
I ride a stock 06n and would like to get new grips and bar ends.

Any thoughts?

Absolutely not. Grips in general are one of the easier mods to do on your own. Just go slowly when opening the kill switch housing to move the throttle cables from the stock grips to the new grips (be careful because you don't want anything to fall out and lose it).

If you're still worried, jump on YouTube and search for "installing motorcycle grips" and you're sure to find tons of videos that will walk you through it.

Lucifer Caitiff

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a go cruise, but I really don't like how it blocks my hand on the grip. I always hold my grip right up on the very inside, so it's uncomfortable for street riding.

However, long rides? I'll find out tonight on my way back from palmdale. I normally ride a LOT, but I also ride through traffic, so I haven't wanted to use it on my commute.

I'd still rather get another cruise control though, something thats not so...invasive