Glove Box Mod

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I added a little glove compartment to my fizz. It's a Pelican Micro Case 1040. I attached it with two 10-32 X 2 SS bolts and a grey PVC U bracket. I went with the clear version so that I could see my phone and and any small maps/directions I decided to throw in there. The 1040 was perfect btw. It rests neatly on the bar clamps and fits the space perfectly. It doesn't touch anything... lock to lock. It looks like it won't cause my tank bag any trouble either, though I haven't tested it. I also chose the clear so that nobody would feel the need to mess with it to see what goodies they could steal.

Cost = $18

Waterproof

It's great for little junk that you want to see or have easy access to.

BONUS: I keep my ear plugs in there and now I always remember to put them in. You know... out of sight, out of mind. No more!

Pelican005-sm.jpg

Pelican002-sm.jpg

Nice little box. Be careful leaving your cellphone in there though. It'll get hotter than you think real fast. I baked a Treo phone having it in the clear map pocket of my tank bag. :(

Nice little box. Be careful leaving your cellphone in there though. It'll get hotter than you think real fast. I baked a Treo phone having it in the clear map pocket of my tank bag. :(

Was the bike parked or did it happen while you were riding?

Maybe it doesn't matter...

THANKS!!

Was the bike parked or did it happen while you were riding?

Maybe it doesn't matter...

THANKS!!

It happened while I was riding. That was in the Georgia heat too which didn't help. My phone has gone into overheat shutdown while riding here in Colorado even when the temperature is in the 50's. That sun will bake it.

That looks like a great idea! :thumbup:

I have a TCP seat cowl, so I don't really have a good place to keep the registration and insurance. I'd have to pull the seat cowl off to get under the seat. I'll have to think about this.

Looks nice.

Any chance we could get a picture of how you attached it on the bottom?

Thanks!

Will do. When I get home from vaca. I'll try to remember to take a pic and post up. Actually, I intend to improve the mount so you may get a before and after pic.

Back