Global Warming Causes

Global Warming is the result of...

• Man made reasons - (burned fuel, carbon monoxide etc.)

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • Cyclical reasons - the global temperatures fluctuate up and down

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • Don't know, don't care

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still, even if you don't believe in global warming, you have to agree that drastically reducing the amount of driving we do and finding cleaner sources of energy needs to be one of our highest priorities, if only to improve the horrible air quality in our cities.

No doubt about it, but if the US had serious concerns cars in the US on average do a hell of a lot more than 24mpg. With a little will that could be raised to 30 (easily), which would save 25% of the gas used, save people 25% of their hard earned money and the worlds oil supply (of which the US uses 25%) would last slightly longer.

All this means that it will be a lot longer before we have to look at alternative powered motorcycles... which I am in favour of :thumbup: Not picking on the US for oil consumption btw, just a very good example of "could do better"

Now we are at something I can totally agree with.
Huge amounts of new trees need to be planted, the forests as the exist need to be managed and enlarged. Power generation in a clean manner is a wonderful idea, and is to be sought after, higher gas mileage HELL YEAH!!, nuclear power HELL YEAH!!!, recycling hell yeah!, making emmisions clean Hell YEAH!!!. All this stuff needs to be done because it is the right thing to do. NOT BECAUSE of cheated data saying we are all going to die if we dont.
Not by companies making a profit selling carbon offsets to other companies. Not by crippling our ability to produce electricity, and to transport goods accross the country.

I am all for clean emissions, and clean power, just not having it force on us based on programs that can't predict where a hurricane will be in 3 days, or if it will rain in two weeks. We have been on a global cooling trend since 2001. That data doesnt support the desired scaremongering of global warming so it is ignored.

Humans are responisble for 4% of the CO2 produced by the planet each year. Wanna offset it real good? Drain the everglades and other wetlands. Then we will have a net loss of CO2 generated a year. I know thats wacky and would be horrible but thats the amount we are talking about here.

CO2 is not the boogey man it is being presented as. To continue on with the warming as presented (5-8) degrees change it would need not a slow steady increase as it is now, but a expotential increase. Seriously study on it.

Again I am all for doing the right thing, but do it for the right reasons. Not this whatever means neccesary justified by the ends.

Damn those pesky Brit's spoiling all our CO2 producing fun!!(mild sarcasm)

BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | Polar warming 'caused by humans'

I think that should about cover the "not caused by us" argument.:spank:

PLANT A TREE

\"In the recent IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) report for example,\" he said, \"it wasn't possible to make a statement about the Antarctic because such a study had not been done at that point.

\"But nevertheless when you do that you see a clear human fingerprint in the observed data. We really can't claim anymore that it's natural variations that are driving these very large changes that we are seeing in our in the climate system.\"

Last edited:
Don't know if the climate change is due to Co2, or just a change in the
cyclical pattern of the Earth. Don't know if it can be proven either way.
But, I do know that energy, in any form will continue to increase in cost.
The more we do, to use our energy wisely, the better off we will be!
And using proven methods of construction to insulate our homes, as well
as building efficient autos and FZ6's will help use less energy therefore costing us less to operate all these things. This will save us money, so
we can buy food and more motorcycles.

Back