GIVI luggage with aftermarket exhaust

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
First off i placed this in mods as this might actually turn out to be one depending on some answers i get

Secondly i know this has been flogged to death but i would like some answers / ideas if possible

So i have a set of Remus exhaust fitted to the FZ. I am interested in the GIVI E21 side cases only as i already have a Yamaha rack and top box installed

My question is to find out what exhaust you guys have or have seen on other FZ's with the GIVI 351 kit ( the bit that wraps around the exhaust and bolts to the sub frame )

I know there are people who have it fitted with scorpion exhaust as i was reading on this earlier but i want to try and compile a list of exhausts that it can be fitted to with 0 - little modding

Worst case, i have a guy who can cut and weld for me if i need to extend the GIVI 351 kit but hopefully i don't

Cheers

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would buy the 351fz kit it might not bolt right up but you can use those brackets as your starting point and ad spacer or weld things on as needed

I have the kit for sale but I can't retrieve some of the hardware that's used to hold the bolts into the frame above the exhaust,

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my 2008 with Two Bros cans and Givi V35's using the Givi racks and 351 kit. Install was almost right off the instruction sheet. Only thing I had to fabricate was one brace right under the mufflers, easily done with a 6" piece of readi-rod and 4 nuts.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea i have ordered the 351 kit just waiting for it to arrive then i will play around with getting it to fit then will go ahead and buy the rest of the set up. I'm still torn between e21 and the v35 as they looks awesome on your bike Jayson

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the kit for sale but I can't retrieve some of the hardware that's used to hold the bolts into the frame above the exhaust,

Removed the GIVI kit from my FZ after purchase. The best way to get at those anchor bolt nuts is to thread a bolt of the same thread in with an inch of space between teh frame and bolt head. One sharp hit with a hammer will loosen the nut within the frame and you will be able to slowly slide out the anchor/nut. Kit was sold before I could get it off the bike.

Thread Jacking not intended.

rbaileyjr1965

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put the Givi V35 saddle bags with the 351 kit (that doesn't have the top case mount) on my '06 this week. As mentioned above, I used a 6 1/2" bolt to connect the 351 kit below the Scorpion mufflers. It's tight on the sides of the muffler, but it's also against the padded Scorpion label on the side. The 351 kit was stopped about 1/8" on each side where it slides into the frame tubes to allow for clearance below the exhaust to avoid the orig. turn signal/tag mount. A couple of L-shaped brackets were used to give a place to mount the turn signals. The turn signal wiring was long enough for the new location.
The 351 Kit was difficult to find as most vendors want to sell the top case mounts which are a lot more expensive. I got my side mounts and the 351 mount from RL Motorcycles & Aviation, LLC for $227 including tax and shipping.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just looking for this to update, i have no pics as of yet as im at work and file sharing web sites are blocked.

I have the clamps that fit on around my remus exhaust. only just about took some gentle beating with a hammer and brute strength but i got it on. It now fits like the scorpions above ^^ it is "rubbing" the exhaust there is no movement so it wont scratch but it is touching, but i got it all on and all fitted good, well happy now i got the top box and the e21's mounted. the rack is super strong to you can virtually pick the bike up with it so i am happy they will last the life of the bike

A4A2RED

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at an 08 FZ6s2 with scorpion exhausts fitted,my question is will I still be able to fit a Givi monkey top box rack with these exhausts fitted,I think I read that that they are a little wider than the stock exhausts.
Also on another subject at 6'1" and 16 stone weight is the fz6 too small for me?
the screen is too small for me anyway,any suggestions on a better screen for my height?
thanks