Getting to the cable adjustments

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So my throttle and clutch cables both need adjustments and are both v. near their limits at the bar adjusters, so I need to get to the others, but of course some genius engineer hid the damn things behind the frame. So I have a minor project sometime in the next few weeks, but I wanted to check in with people who have done it.

Manual says to pull the airbox and battery box to get to those adjusters. Did you find that this was necessary and that you had sufficient access to them with those things removed? Any tips/tricks to make this go faster?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just posted in another thread. For the clutch cable, there's a zip tie retainer (as noted about the engineer) that was probably put there JUST for assembly purposes.

It's tight but you can cut that out altogether, the cable isn't going anywhere.. NOW, you can un-hook the clutch cable from both ends, slide it downward (W/O pulling the tank) and you can NOW reach the mid-cable adjuster. Do not pull the curved part of the cable beyond the frame head stock.

As I re-call, you can adjust the throttle cable down on the left side after cracking the lock-nut loose. It's tight but do-able W/O removing anything.

Also, leave a little bit of slack in the "return" part of the cable or it'll bind...