Getting rid of these exhaust pipe stains?

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it depends on where and how much you ride. I find it easier to use powerball than to do it manually, BUT.. east coast + Winter.. salt, standing water mixed with salt, rain.. it's a losing battle. I don't mind the yellow :thumbup:

haha fair enough. I won't be riding much until springs first rain washes most of the salt off the road. Until then, I'll just enjoy having a non-slushy car haha.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The older the bike, the conditions its been ridden in, its very possible to BREAK THE STUDS OFF at the head when trying to remove the header.

Lots of heat cycles, etc, its not a given it'll zip off without any issues... Just a heads up...:thumbup:

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
ZOMG I've had my bike for a year and never cleaned it. :-(

I need to get off my arse and do this. I have S100. Now I will get whatever this pipe stuff is.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
ZOMG I've had my bike for a year and never cleaned it. :-(

I need to get off my arse and do this. I have S100. Now I will get whatever this pipe stuff is.

hahaha. S100 total cycle cleaner?

If so, rinse the bike well after using it, and when you think you've rinsed enough, rinse again, and then again! That's what the how-to's I read said, and even then after pouring an ocean of water over it, there was still a tiny bit left. It's not the best thing for your painted/plastic surfaces to have that stuff dry on to them as it's pretty harsh.

Follow it with s100 engine brightener if have the 07+ and it'll look brand new!

As for the pipes.. it's not so much the brand of polish that you use.. they'll have the same affect, at least, no one will be able to tell which product you used by just looking at it;) It's the amount of effort your willing to put into them along with your attention to detail in the tight spots. I still wouldnt mind going back to mine and spending an hour up around the top of the headers.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
S100, just stay away from electrical connections as it'll take the fine plating off the brass and copper when it reacts with organic matter. Over time things start to grow and as said, if its not completely desolved and rinsed away it can cause issues. More water iz better!
Esp becuase water by itself is not an issue. Its when it has organic matter which convert to mild acids that its a problem.
Good advice abobe to rinse allot if you use this cleaners...

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
you guys need to stop making me feel bad, I gave up and painted mine flat black :p

but my FZ is my primary mode of transportation, I would have to clean them every other day.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:bow: I see what you did there....
except it needs to be either the same color or all one piece....

Its a "Fenda Extenda" glued to the bottom of the stock fender, thats why the lower fender is semi gloss black. I wasn't to trying to match the blue and IMO, helps keep te fender from "appearing" too long.

It does help some keeping, crap, rain,, etc from flying up..

If interested, some tips:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/47179-fenda-extenda.html

Last edited:

darth47

Reaction score
Visit site
Its a "Fenda Extenda" glued to the bottom of the stock fender, thats why the lower fender is semi gloss black. I wasn't to trying to match the blue and IMO, helps keep te fender from "appearing" too long.

It does help some keeping, crap, rain,, etc from flying up..

If interested, some tips:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/47179-fenda-extenda.html

I glued my fenda extenda on with DC3145 sealant and it has helped prevent mud from getting on the radiator fins... Now the mud goes on the headers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I glued my fenda extenda on with DC3145 sealant and it has helped prevent mud from getting on the radiator fins... Now the mud goes on the headers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woulda went on your header anyway.

And, any rocks/ pebble that get kicked are much less likely to get stuck between the radiator and fan. :thumbup:

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
Work in progress. This'll do me for now but there is soo much more to do.

Started with 1000, wasn't really cutting it, dropped to 800 then did a run of 1200. Was running out of time so powerballed it to finish...

Over Easter I'll give it another crack with the 1000 then a finish with 2000, and get to some of the rushed bits... also extend all the way through the bottom.

I don't think they've ever been touched since new. It's an 04 with 57,000Km's