Getting a fz6 soon

Shockwave

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently ride a victory hammer ( which I love) but I came across a deal I can't pass up so I'm buying a 2008 fz6. I have been wanting something sporty for a while now. I can't wait. Not sure if I can get used to the full face helmet. Think I would look like an idiot with my chrome German half helm? Lol

Not sure if I can get used to the full face helmet. Think I would look like an idiot with my chrome German half helm? Lol

On the upside not having bugs in your teeth is easy to get use to.

And don't let the lack of low end torque fool you, get the revs past 7k and you'll see where it lives.

I will loose my main source of protein. Gonna have to get a dietary supplement.

Here is a dumb question. I see people all over with a dark tinted visor on their helmet. What do the do when it gets dark? Seems like I heard Missouri had a law against riding at night worth a tinted visor

I will loose my main source of protein. Gonna have to get a dietary supplement.

Here is a dumb question. I see people all over with a dark tinted visor on their helmet. What do the do when it gets dark?

Option 1: ride with your tinted visor up...
Option 2: change the visor to a clear one when it's dark

I opt for option 2 :D It really isn't that much of a deal to change the visors, and it's a lot better/safer than riding with the visor up...

Or, get yourself a modular or full face helmet with a built-in sunvisor...
Than you have the best of both worlds ;)

Grtz,

Degake

You will love the new bike. post pics when you can. as far as the visor goes, i like to change mine to clear if i know i am going to ride at night, but usually i just have a short ride home after dark so i just put some clear saftey glasses on and ride with my visor up. not the best because bugs and debris can still hit your face, but your eyes are safe and it is enough to be legal.

I'm still in helmet limbo. Lid that came with the ride is tinted. Borrowed a friends Suomy that is clear (and I don't want to give it back). Been putting my regular sunglasses on during the day. It's an extra step to remember (doesn't feel good trying to take the helmet off with shades on). I'll eventually have two visors or a helmet with built in sunshade.

And don't let the lack of low end torque fool you, get the revs past 7k and you'll see where it lives.
Honestly. I refer 8k and above as going to plaid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0]Space Balls - Ludicrous Speed - YouTube[/ame]

Or, get yourself a modular or full face helmet with a built-in sunvisor...
Than you have the best of both worlds ;)

What Degake said.

My commute drives me east into the sun in the morning and west into the sun in the late afternnon. My helmet had a light smoke built-in sunvisor and changed it to a dark smoke sunvisor. Still wasn't dark enough so I changed my outside visor to mirrored smoke and that did the trick. As dusk approaches, I can raise the built-in inner sunvisor if need be.

But, I rarely drive in the evening. Sometimes early morning before sunrise, but I just raised the inner sunvisor.

btw, :welcome:

I have a Schuberth S1 pro with built in sun visor, realy nice. the shoei neotec was voted best helmet in a dutch/german magazine, its a system helmet also with the sun visor,
but being a system helmet you can flip up the bottom face part, so it'll give you a little more air like your silver german helmet lol.

I remember test riding a victory hammer once, ground those pegs so hard on the first turn I thought I was going to pivot the rear tire off the ground. You will love the FZ6 I think.

Thanks for all the replies, I kinda wish I could keep both bikes but im really looking forward to the FZ6. as far as helmets go I know im an idiot for wearing little brain bucket P.O.S. helmet. I do have a full face but rarely wear it. Just feels so restricted... but I would look pretty stupid with a brain bucket on an FZ6.

and I have no problems admiting im an idiot :)

Thanks for all the replies, I kinda wish I could keep both bikes but im really looking forward to the FZ6. as far as helmets go I know im an idiot for wearing little brain bucket P.O.S. helmet. I do have a full face but rarely wear it. Just feels so restricted... but I would look pretty stupid with a brain bucket on an FZ6.

and I have no problems admiting im an idiot :)

lol.

:welcome:

i'm an idiot too, but i walk away from my crashes :thumbup:

I got a blue visor for my helmet. its the same deal as the blue strip at the top of the windshield on a car. it makes it clearer in the rain and when it's really bright, but doesn't darken your vision so there are no problems at night.

:welcome:

I struggled with sunglasses with my first helmet, but bought a Scorpion EX-1000 in '07 with the built-in sun visor, and have been happy since.
When I went to my MSF course in '07, during class intros, one guy couldn't talk very well; he'd bought a cruiser and dumped on his first ride, broke his jaw. I was convinced that the full-face helmet was worth the slight inconvenience...

Get an FF helmet with a built in sun visor, you'll never look back :thumbup:

I used to try jamming sunglasses into my helmet, poking my face plenty of times. Got a cheapo Vega, which didn't last very long but i learned i loved the internal sun visor in it, and i made sure my next helmet (HJC-IS16) had one :thumbup:

Back