get OEM FZ6 N parts in north america?

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
hi so i noticed the fz6 N has this nice looking speedo cover. does anyone know if there's a site that sells these parts? thanks

here a large pic shows what i mean.
desktop2008fz6white.jpg

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that there is no "speedo cover" on that bike. It's just the same speedo as the 07-09 fully faired FZ6 with no fairing covering it up.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats just the back half of the speedo/controls panel.
You would probably need to buy it all in one peice if it isn't the same as the faired version, unless they both are exactly the same with different backs on them.
I guess you could try and get one second hand, or from Yamaha just depends if anyone would sell it seperately if it will fit yours.

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
its definitely a seperate cover. notice the silver screws on the cover in the pic? i have the speedo in my hand right now. it has 6 threaded holes in the back but on the fazer s2 only 3 screws are used to mount it on the fairing stay.

does anyone know of a site where you can check part # and diagrams for the fz6 N? thanks.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
The speedo on the N and S are the same (for same year bikes) and it is indeed a cover.

PM Tom5796 and he will give you the dealership to call and the cover PN.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to threadjack, but I had a question along the same lines.

I'm doing the naked conversion this winter, and the only thing I'm hung up on is how to mount the '06 speedo. I've thought about taking off the throttle cable guide and mounting a custom bracket under the top triple where that bracket mounts.

This thread got me to thinking, though. Obviously, the N version has a bracket that mounts the speedo to the top triple (at least that's how it looks in the pictures). If that's the case, I thought I could just purchase that particular bracket to mount my speedo, thus making it easier and more like the stock FZ6N. But, in all my searching, I haven't been able to find any site that sells FZ6N parts. Does anyone have any idea where I might look?

smartdumb

Reaction score
Visit site
I, too, am in the process of a FZ6N conversion on a 2008. I bought the meter cover here: http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-2D1-83559-00-00.html

They're located in Florida and ship quickly. Remember to buy the screws.

I have an FZ6N bracket for a 2004-2006 for sale if you're interested. I'm pretty sure that these are the correct years with the more rounded speedo/tach. If someone could confirm that'd be great.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/23788-fz6n-headlight-bracket-stay.html

I'm flexible on the price. I just received my 2008 bracket today. Just need a few extra screws and I should be able to join the naked club!

Last edited: