georgia, cobb,douglas,paulding riders

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
looking for someone people to ride with in or around cobb,douglas, or paulding area not necessarly to ride in that area but i live in sout cobb county

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out Georgia Sportbike Forums or Bloke's Sportbike Forum - Powered by vBulletin for some local peeps in the ATL area. :thumbup: I think there's a couple of FZ6 riders on the BSB forum.

I've been leading group rides for several years from ST.N & BSB. I'm on this forum as well, but never see anyone posting up ride invites.

Give me a week or two to get some new shoes for my Fazer and I'll post up a ride invite.

How far / long do you like to ride? I can go all day and visit 4 states in one day. I'm known as the cartographer for my gps route building skills.

Respond here or PM if you are interested.

-rodney

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
if i go out "all day" normally i ride about 200 or 300 miles but yea let me know im waiting on my tires to get in too hopefully they will be in tomorow i ordered them from chaparral last friday and the anticapation is killing me

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
oh and by the way what is your handle on bsb my dad is on them he goes by redneckmcguiver

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
if i go out "all day" normally i ride about 200 or 300 miles but yea let me know im waiting on my tires to get in too hopefully they will be in tomorow i ordered them from chaparral last friday and the anticapation is killing me

300 miles is about the shortest I'll ride. Sorry, but I like to ride.

I'm Mr_McBride on BSB, same as here.

Join one of my rides and I'll guarantee you'll have a lot of fun. That's what it's all about. Riding is the source. That's about as spiritual as I'll get about it. To each his own.

Once I get a new rear shoe for my Fazer I'll post up a ride invite here.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
300 miles is about the shortest I'll ride. Sorry, but I like to ride.

I'm Mr_McBride on BSB, same as here.

Join one of my rides and I'll guarantee you'll have a lot of fun. That's what it's all about. Riding is the source. That's about as spiritual as I'll get about it. To each his own.

Once I get a new rear shoe for my Fazer I'll post up a ride invite here.

"normally" 200 to 300 but i can do more especially if im having a good time and good weather,

rickthefix

Reaction score
Visit site
i live in se cherokee county. not much riding time this year due to work schedule & teaching MSF classes on weekends. was supposed to hit deals gap last sat, but got put on call for work due to circumstances beyond my control. my oldest rides 04 zx6r & couple of his buds ride with us occasionally. i'll keep eyes open for any rides you guys post, but don't get to this forum very often.

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
"normally" 200 to 300 but i can do more especially if im having a good time and good weather,

Yer not a fair weather rider are you? I ran year round and always make the best of every situation. Now, I don't usually go looking to ride in the rain ( unless I'm looking to improve my wet road skills ), but some of my rides have been called adventures...for example:

This is a long read, but it will give an idea of my planning skills, my riding style, and especially what can happen during the best planned rides. This started as a sport-touring ride, but ended up being a little more. That is an understatement, but I'll let you judge for yourself. That ended up being one of my most memorable rides (pardon the pun, it was a Memorial Day ride).

Read and enjoy:

Sport-Touring.Net - Memorial Day Run ( N.Ga to the Cherohala Skyway ) - ADV Report added

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yer not a fair weather rider are you? I ran year round and always make the best of every situation. Now, I don't usually go looking to ride in the rain ( unless I'm looking to improve my wet road skills ), but some of my rides have been called adventures...for example:

This is a long read, but it will give an idea of my planning skills, my riding style, and especially what can happen during the best planned rides. This started as a sport-touring ride, but ended up being a little more. That is an understatement, but I'll let you judge for yourself. That ended up being one of my most memorable rides (pardon the pun, it was a Memorial Day ride).

Read and enjoy:

Sport-Touring.Net - Memorial Day Run ( N.Ga to the Cherohala Skyway ) - ADV Report added

sounds like yall had a blast and ya i ride everyday unless its raining when i leave the house headed for work i dont mind getting wet but i dont like getting to work wet, but i was into the whole dual sport thing for a short while with a dl650 and loved being able to ride anywhere and everywhere but i enjoy sport riding more, but honestly rides like that are what i love the most, i do like going out and getting "lost" in the day but its nice to have a planned route and destinations to look foward too imo. but if you are planning a ride anytime soon i would like to go ride around the suches area i think its 129 i was on a while back and had a blast in a pickup never had the chance to take a bike on it, and reading that im not scared of a little gravel either my parents live on a gravel road, my hunting property is on a dirt road so its no thing to me.

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like yall had a blast and ya i ride everyday unless its raining when i leave the house headed for work i dont mind getting wet but i dont like getting to work wet, but i was into the whole dual sport thing for a short while with a dl650 and loved being able to ride anywhere and everywhere but i enjoy sport riding more, but honestly rides like that are what i love the most, i do like going out and getting "lost" in the day but its nice to have a planned route and destinations to look foward too imo. but if you are planning a ride anytime soon i would like to go ride around the suches area i think its 129 i was on a while back and had a blast in a pickup never had the chance to take a bike on it, and reading that im not scared of a little gravel either my parents live on a gravel road, my hunting property is on a dirt road so its no thing to me.

I want to get a dual-sport to do the adventure touring thing. While I love the dl650, that is not a dual-sport.

Sounds like we need to ride. I'll post up a group ride invite today.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get a dual-sport to do the adventure touring thing. While I love the dl650, that is not a dual-sport.

Sounds like we need to ride. I'll post up a group ride invite today.

what do you mean its not a dual sport:confused:...the suzuki V-strom dl650... ive done some hardcore offroading on one and know many people who have as well including my dad who just took a week on a dual sport ride going around the entire state of ga on nothing but forestry roads... or maybe confused the name for something else perhaps?

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
what do you mean its not a dual sport:confused:...the suzuki V-strom dl650... ive done some hardcore offroading on one and know many people who have as well including my dad who just took a week on a dual sport ride going around the entire state of ga on nothing but forestry roads... or maybe confused the name for something else perhaps?

Forest service roads? I've ridden my Fazer on those. That's not my idea of dual-sporting. I used to race supercross, so my idea of trail riding is probably a little different. I'm more interested in a dirtbike that I can ride to the trails since I don't have a truck.

This is more aligned with what I have in mind:
Mark's Webpage

This guys has tried all types and sizes of bikes and I like his final choice. I have seen the little Yamaha dual-sport on tracks jumping doubles. That tells me that it has handle the terrain. I test rode one once and was blown away by how fast the bike took me up to 75mph and how smooth it was once there. It has a very wide ratio tranny.

Anyway, that's my that on dual-sporting....didn't mean to offend anyone. I love the dl650 and have considered getting one. It's very smooth and torquey bike. Love that motor....

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
oh no offense taken i was more or less wondering if you had the dl mistaken for something else or what your idea of dual sporting is, so i see your more along the lines of liking the street legal dirt bikes where as i was hooked by watching long way around so my idea is along the lines of bmw gs1200, multistrada, dl's, and the all mightly Super T:rockon:, i think the only way i would go the klr route or something similar is if i had multiple bikes, such as a super t, first then a klr but only as long as i still had a sport bike, but some of those forestry road in alabama, northern ga, and south tenn, were by no means just dirt roads especially in tenn. plus he and some guys from his work rode out to colorado to ride the tat trail and some of that is some real hardcore riding, you know its good when they have signs posted for atvs only or vehicals with minimun 13" of ground clearence, he said he would have much rather been on a klr for the trails but they did ride from atl to colorado and i dont think i would want to do that on a klr. but the dl kept up with the gs on all the trails he said and both switched to knobbys when they got out there....sorry for the long write up but as you can prolly tell im a little jealous of some of the rides he has been on:(

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
oh no offense taken i was more or less wondering if you had the dl mistaken for something else or what your idea of dual sporting is, so i see your more along the lines of liking the street legal dirt bikes where as i was hooked by watching long way around so my idea is along the lines of bmw gs1200, multistrada, dl's, and the all mightly Super T:rockon:, i think the only way i would go the klr route or something similar is if i had multiple bikes, such as a super t, first then a klr but only as long as i still had a sport bike, but some of those forestry road in alabama, northern ga, and south tenn, were by no means just dirt roads especially in tenn. plus he and some guys from his work rode out to colorado to ride the tat trail and some of that is some real hardcore riding, you know its good when they have signs posted for atvs only or vehicals with minimun 13" of ground clearence, he said he would have much rather been on a klr for the trails but they did ride from atl to colorado and i dont think i would want to do that on a klr. but the dl kept up with the gs on all the trails he said and both switched to knobbys when they got out there....sorry for the long write up but as you can prolly tell im a little jealous of some of the rides he has been on:(

Love those movies....watching Long Way Round right now....They would have been much better off with the KTMs for most of the trip, but KTM screwed themselves in that deal. Although, I would have done the trip 800GS...

Off-road, lighter == better.

I am going to get a WR250R unless Yamaha gets serious and comes out with a WR450R. The SuperTenere? No way, fagetaboutit. Nice bike, but not for off-road (unless you're rock crawling or something). Off-road I tend to spend a fair amount of time in the air so I would break those bikes very quickly.

I'm almost done with the route and should have it post up in a bit.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Love those movies....watching Long Way Round right now....They would have been much better off with the KTMs for most of the trip, but KTM screwed themselves in that deal. Although, I would have done the trip 800GS...

Off-road, lighter == better.

I am going to get a WR250R unless Yamaha gets serious and comes out with a WR450R. The SuperTenere? No way, fagetaboutit. Nice bike, but not for off-road (unless you're rock crawling or something). Off-road I tend to spend a fair amount of time in the air so I would break those bikes very quickly.

I'm almost done with the route and should have it post up in a bit.

im sure the super t wouldnt hold up to much hangtime but i love it, and ya ktm really screwed themselves bigtime being scared that the bikes wouldnt make it...how can they run dakar every year and do awsome but be afrade of a trip like that with only one profesional rider