Genuine Yamaha Gel Seat

pipnash

Reaction score
Visit site
I find the standard seat a bit too uncomfortable after being in the saddle for more than an hour or so. I dont have the money for a Corbin or Baglux but have seen a Genuine Yamaha Gel seat new and complete with front and rear pads for £150, that's well under half the price of the Corbin and Baglux.

Has anyone used these or have any experience with them. Would the comfort level be much better than the standard seat. I know the price is very good but its only money well spent if it actually works :rolleyes:

Thanks

Phil

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
I gots a yamaha comfort seat, the differences are:

Stock seat; I had to stop about every 45 - 60 min to get the cramp out of my a$$, it worked out ok for a smoke break and somethin to drink, after and hour I just wanted off.

Comfort seat; I have yet to reach the point where I'm ready to get off the bike, more like ahhh nope not ready to park it yet lets go over there:BLAA:

WereGrouch

Mrs. Skrapiron
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just discussing this with another FZ6 owner...
He had the Yamaha Gel seat for a few months, but was still not comfortable. He bought the Corbin Gel seat, and is totally satisfied. He recommends saving up for the Corbin...

Until I have the money, I've done a bit of work on the stock seat. It is fairly square, and my body isn't, so I carved off a bit right where the inner thighs rub on the seat. Now, while there may be a bit less padding there, I experience a lot less chafing. Also, I have a fleece seat cover. So far, these two mods (one free, one $80) have made the stock seat much more comfortable- and I ride 200-500 miles a day on weekends, usually with only a stop every 2 hours.