gas pump

needtoridetheworld

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there ,I am 52 and the proud owner of a new 2008 -fz6,already have done 3700 klms since the 25 th of march 2009,It is my first time on a motorcyle .I am enjoying ever minute of it.I just thought about this when I was filling up my tank with premium grade, the gas pumps that only have one hose for the 3 grades of gas, if the person before you used regular gas ,how many litres goes into your tank before you start getting the premium grade?

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Don't know the answer to your question, but I wouldn't let it worry you too much, I use premium, but I know alot of riders on the forum use regular with no adverse effects.

Enjoy and ride safe :thumbup:

ArmyDocInTraining

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

The manual for my 08 says 86 or higher pump rating, so I wouldn't worry about it. "Premium" isn't necessarily "better" w/r to fuel ratings. :scared:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there ,I am 52 and the proud owner of a new 2008 -fz6,already have done 3700 klms since the 25 th of march 2009,It is my first time on a motorcyle .I am enjoying ever minute of it.I just thought about this when I was filling up my tank with premium grade, the gas pumps that only have one hose for the 3 grades of gas, if the person before you used regular gas ,how many litres goes into your tank before you start getting the premium grade?

Don't waste your money, use regular... I have never used premium in any of my vehicles...

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
The "experts" have said that there is little to no benefit in using the higher octane if the manuel calls for the lower octane, just use a fuel injector cleaner every 3,000-5,000 miles to keep the fuel system clean. I have had good luck with Chevron brand fuel injector cleaner, I use to work at a service station and a few tanks of it have fixed a lot of problems and saved a lot of money.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Makes you wonder why it took you 52 years to get a bike huh! All those years gone by, you were missing all that fun.

Not sure why this would be a Hall of Shame, but this is not the first time this subject has come up regarding the single hose pump. Like others have mentioned, there are two solutions. Go to a station that has a pump for every grade, or just put in regular. I use regular, and I almost have 29,000 miles or 47,000 km with no issues.