gas gauge?

lncognito

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, need help! After changing the battery, the fuel gauge is reading wrongly. After filling to the brim, only 5/6 bars light up and after about 50 miles, it goes down to the last bar and starts flashing.

Did I mess up the fuel pump while doing the battery replacement? (not unlikely as it was my first time removing the tank myslef haha)

thanks!

Rob2222

Reaction score
www.rob2222.de
I drove my FZ6 tow time until it was empty to check how much I can come with reserve. One time it was 74km(46miles) and one time it was 89km(55 miles). For this I drove a little softer then normally with 5L/100km.
My FZ6 switches on average at 14,6L on reserve. And you can put 19L on a empty tank. So you have 4,4L on reserve which should be enough for good 80km when you didnt give full throttle when on reserve. But it depends on the driving style. To reach 80km on reserve you have to drive economically.

BR Robert

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, need help! After changing the battery, the fuel gauge is reading wrongly. After filling to the brim, only 5/6 bars light up and after about 50 miles, it goes down to the last bar and starts flashing.

Did I mess up the fuel pump while doing the battery replacement? (not unlikely as it was my first time removing the tank myslef haha)

thanks!

Check the two plugs under the tank and make sure their connected fully.

One plug is for the fuel pump, the other plug is for the fuel gauge...

Make sure you didn't pinch them or pull the terminals out of the ends....

Scott

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
do all of you guys use the fuel gauge?

i came from a bike without one and got used to going by my milage. at every fill up i reset the trip meter and go by that. i usually fill up at about 180 miles. and that 180 is without the F trip meter coming on. sometimes if i've ridden a little hard it's sooner. but it's still in my head to go by the miles rather than the gauge.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
do all of you guys use the fuel gauge?

i came from a bike without one and got used to going by my milage. at every fill up i reset the trip meter and go by that. i usually fill up at about 180 miles. and that 180 is without the F trip meter coming on. sometimes if i've ridden a little hard it's sooner. but it's still in my head to go by the miles rather than the gauge.

Two of my bikes have gauges, one doesn't. The one that doesn't, yes I reset the trip odometer and use that.

I generally keep them all topped off to keep moisture out of the tank. I buy 20 gallons at a time for the generator (south Florida-hurricane season) and use stablizer in all of it. I go thru that gas as needed...

Scott

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
FUEL FUEL FUEL

I really wonder how some garages look after their product or what goes in their product!

I always run down the fuel until reserve starts blinking. sometimes I get 250km sometimes 300km and last Sunday 200km.

reserve holds 5 litres and its good for 80km at a pinch.

Having said that, I find the best fuel that gets the most milage on my FZ6S stock standard is BP75 or Caltex75.
Higher octanes go unburnt and mates that ride behind claim they smell unburnt fuel.

But, when its all 'done and dusted' the FZ6 is pretty good on fuel. I just need to find the right garages that don't have good quality product.

Rumpole