garmin basecamp woes

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it only me that finds Garmin BaseCamp difficult to use. The actual route planning is simple enough, it's the file structure and where it's saved, how it's saved etc that totally confuses me. WTF is an adventure, or a list, or a trip, or a route. Why have they made it so difficult. When I want to plan say a new 6 day trip to France how do I start it off, what am I saving, where am I saving it, how do I distinguish it from all the other routes. Can anybody give me an idiots guide to this crap piece of software.

I suspect Garmin have fallen into the common IT trap of not trying it out on numpties first, just because their software designers can use it and say it's easy they believe them. Erm, no.

The other alternative is to plan in Google Maps and expert to Garmin, but the Google software designers have now made that impossible.

HELP PLease :confused::confused:

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, Basecamp is the worst piece of software I have ever used. I don't think they could make it worse if they tried.

If Google was kind, they would make an option to easily export Google maps directly to Garmin, bypassing Basecamp. One can only dream