Garage/worklog - possible new section?

au.FZ6N

destroyer of worlds
Reaction score
Visit site
i know there is a "post your ride" thread

any idea if anyone else would use a subforum to post thier bikes in?

ie as you did somethign to your bike and if your like me and inclined to doc and pic it, add it to your bikes thread

not sure if many (or anyone but me) would see a benefit to it

they have it on a 4wd forum and an old race forum i was on and it seemed every 2nd person would post their bike and update

was a nice way to waste 3 hours, just reading through everyone elses bike threads :)

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
i know there is a "post your ride" thread

any idea if anyone else would use a subforum to post thier bikes in?

ie as you did somethign to your bike and if your like me and inclined to doc and pic it, add it to your bikes thread

not sure if many (or anyone but me) would see a benefit to it

they have it on a 4wd forum and an old race forum i was on and it seemed every 2nd person would post their bike and update

was a nice way to waste 3 hours, just reading through everyone elses bike threads :)

Funny you mention this...just last night i started painting my exhaust covers and was documenting it with pictures. good idea!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
no, more like "this is the build up of my fz6" where you can add to it as you go but have only one thread where it is just your bike you could post your own DIY's and showcase all of your bikes individual mods. kind of like a timeline of your bike.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
ie; this is her when i bought her, this is her after the leo vince, now after i did my light mod, now after some new paint, etc.
this way a newb can see what path people took to get their bike to the way it is now (which they would only want to know if they liked the finished product)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ie; this is her when i bought her, this is her after the leo vince, now after i did my light mod, now after some new paint, etc.
this way a newb can see what path people took to get their bike to the way it is now (which they would only want to know if they liked the finished product)

cool idea, i like it...

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the idea. but are the replies limited in those other forums' threads? I mean that it's a bit tiresome trying to read about someones mods when there's atleast 5 "good job!"-replies after every post from the original writer. Maybe somekind of questions only -replies could work.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the idea. but are the replies limited in those other forums' threads? I mean that it's a bit tiresome trying to read about someones mods when there's atleast 5 "good job!"-replies after every post from the original writer. Maybe somekind of questions only -replies could work.

Bren, i agree. i think it could be made to where questions or comments are directed through the pm/im feature and if the original poster wanted to, he/she could add the question to their own post (so they don't get asked the same questions over and over again).

au.FZ6N

destroyer of worlds
Reaction score
Visit site
Bren, i agree. i think it could be made to where questions or comments are directed through the pm/im feature and if the original poster wanted to, he/she could add the question to their own post (so they don't get asked the same questions over and over again).

bingo

thread creator only poster style

i used to have a butt load of pics on my old laptop and when i drag it out of storage i will have a more conclusive tear down of my bike, if i cant get them for whatever reason, i would consider photo-documenting my tear down in a few (3-6) months, where im going to rip the bastard down into its base components for a freshen up and considering a motor rebuild (because im anal retentive, not because it needs it)

no, more like "this is the build up of my fz6" where you can add to it as you go but have only one thread where it is just your bike you could post your own DIY's and showcase all of your bikes individual mods. kind of like a timeline of your bike.

again, bingo, i really need to read this thread in order

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see someone else is thinking like me...
I have wondered if we could do something like this for a while now. Just never really asked in here. But the first I heard of this type of deal was through one of my buddies. He is on a popular STI forum and each member has their own thread for their car and they just keep posting and people can post back on it asking question and sumbiting comments.

Here is the link if you wanna see how it works.
It is the first subforum "members Journals"

IWSTI.com: Subaru STI Forums - The Largest STi Specific Forum in the World!

I hope we can do something like this.

-bryan

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there.. I like the idea... what about using the blog? Its already set up and it posts just like the main forum...you can created sub areas too.. the blog is basically a scaled down version of the forum check it out and let me know if it will work... Also there is somthing called VB garage.... google...

Let me know

Thanks
Dennis

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cool idea, i like it...
+1 I didn't really get the concept first, I thought it was just another layer of Mods which could end up having a sub user group and possibly causing a division. I see where your coming from now totally.
Neil
PS I dont know how much band width it would take to have a seperate section for each member. Plus Bren makes a very good point. It could be a no post thread, that way if someone needs specific info the can pm or e-mail.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there.. I like the idea... that about using the blog? Its already set up and it posts just like the main forum...you can created sub areas too.. the blog is basically a scaled down version of the forum check it out and let me know if it will work... Also there is somthing called VB garage.... google...

Let me know

Thanks
Dennis

The VBGarage looks neat. It gets my vote!

-bryan

au.FZ6N

destroyer of worlds
Reaction score
Visit site
yup the vb garage looks ok, i just like how it poses a central location for the bikes, which is jut like a sub-forum with a few extra bells and whistles

the main reason i dont like the blog idea, they are all hit and miss as to content as not everyone will blog just about their bike, and really, thats all im interested in :p

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any news on this?

-bryan

there is not a version available yet for our forum.. we are running the latest version of Vbulliten so the VB garage wont work.. There is another possibility but its about 50 bux to buy... I have to look into it