G2 Throttle Tamer

hansomesamson

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably of no use now, but i rode about 100 miles without a bar end once, after it came flying off mid journey. Hardly noticed much difference to be honest.
Certainly not an issue for nipping out in the interim.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about doing the G2 Throttle tamer install, I have the FZ1 bar installed.
A quick google search came up with
FZ6 G2 Tamer

Any one recently purchased the G2's ? Is the length still an issue (bit longer for the FZ6), also would this product be a good fit for the FZ1 handlebar? Or should I go with the FZ1 G2 Throttle tamer?
FZ1 G2 Tamer

Unless of course they are both the same ;)

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about doing the G2 Throttle tamer install, I have the FZ1 bar installed.
FZ6 G2 Tamer

Any one recently purchased the G2's ? Is the length still an issue (bit longer for the FZ6), also would this product be a good fit for the FZ1 handlebar? Or should I go with the FZ1 G2 Throttle tamer?
FZ1 G2 Tamer

Still too long but I found an easy remedy I just published this photo stream for your reference of pics I took during install late 2012 on my fz6. https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A3JtdOXmy8cF0

Hope it helps! (I just used a cheap copper pipe cutter)

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 G2 Tamer

FZ1 G2 Tamer

G2's site:

G2 Tamer Throttle Tube

Maybe they can tell you if there is any difference. And this thread has some comments on FZ1 and FZ6R bars towards the end. Sounds like it may not be necessary to cut it.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/41520-throttle-tamer-not-bad.html

I bought and installed mine on the stock FZ6 bars in March 2012 and had to cut it by 1/4 inch or so. Not a big deal -- a few minutes with a cheap hack saw and some sandpaper. It's made of soft aluminum and plastic.

Timon

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought mine had to be cut short too, but after looking over how much I took off and the bar ends, the excess in theory should not have caused any problems.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought mine had to be cut short too, but after looking over how much I took off and the bar ends, the excess in theory should not have caused any problems.

It looks like it will fit but it is actually about an 1/8th inch too long because when you tighten the bar end back up it puts pressure against the tube and the throttle sticks which is obviously a huge safety issue

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got one in March, and it was still too long. I think it was 1/4" or so beyond the length of my grips. I tried a pipe cutter, but it didn't like cutting right. I ended up using a hacksaw and filing everything smooth after.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update on the sizing, spoke with a representative at G2 Ergonomics.
He informed me that they use the same part number 40-4Y-130-Y for both the FZ1 and FZ6.

This is the updated part which addresses the length issue.
The earlier part was 40-4Y-136-Y, they basically shortened it by 6 mm.

I could not find the updated part 40-4Y-130-Y any where else but their home site

G2 Ergonomics Throttle Tubes and Moto Parts

Hope this helps

Sinman

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the G2 tamer from the website last year, read the instructions carefully, and handed it to my local shop. It was 1.2 hours of labor from, I assume, an experienced tech. I'm guessing I would have doubled the time or more. No notes on whether they had to trim it.
As for how it works: Excellent! I am a new rider and and the throttle just felt abrupt and hard to control. Now, with the G2 and the KN clutch lever, I am happier and more confident.

:D

DarkNinja75

Professional Poster
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the G2 tamer from the website last year, read the instructions carefully, and handed it to my local shop. It was 1.2 hours of labor from, I assume, an experienced tech. I'm guessing I would have doubled the time or more. No notes on whether they had to trim it.
As for how it works: Excellent! I am a new rider and and the throttle just felt abrupt and hard to control. Now, with the G2 and the KN clutch lever, I am happier and more confident.

:D

It took me less than an hour and I'm not an experienced tech. I purchased mine about a month ago and I had to trim it.