FZ8 Forks fits on a FZ6

Dblracing

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys i am new to the whole going naked style. I was wondering if the forks of a fz8 would fit on a fz6. Basically i want the yellow forks on my bike and was wonder if it was possible?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Anything is possible but I wouldn't expect it to be a straight swap, search the forum for fork swap and I'm sure you will see some r1/fz1 fork swaps, such as jt's bike I believe. They are pretty much the same as fz8 forks

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto to what ChevyFazer said. Looked at buying an FZ8 a couple of weeks ago. Big problem (to me) is the suspension. Not adjustable and the front only has damping on one side, springs on both sides but only one side has a functioning damper. The fix is to put FZ1 or R1 forks on the FZ8. Should be some FZ8 struts for sale but seems like it is a lot of work to not make any improvement in the suspension and maybe go backward. It would look cool though. If my memory is correct someone had a thread about putting a set of triple clamps, forks brakes and wheel from a Kawasaki on the FZ6.

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Dblracing

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. The performance on the forks i have now or nice, just looking to gofor the streetfighter look and really like the yellow forks. Going to paint my bike black and like the way that it will look. Any ideas on another way to get the yellow forks and keep the performance

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto to what ChevyFazer said. Looked at buying an FZ8 a couple of weeks ago. Big problem (to me) is the suspension. Not adjustable and the front only has damping on one side, springs on both sides but only one side has a functioning damper. The fix is to put FZ1 or R1 forks on the FZ8. Should be some FZ8 struts for sale but seems like it is a lot of work to not make any improvement in the suspension and maybe go backward. It would look cool though. If my memory is correct someone had a thread about putting a set of triple clamps, forks brakes and wheel from a Kawasaki on the FZ6.

Ain't that just nuts? (!) To me that is absolutely crazy! I think that Mean Green made a top selling dirt bike for about three years that used a fork that was sprung on only one side! (I'm discovering that many mountain bikes are this way as well) Maybe they will start putting springs and/or shocks on just side of cars soon? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Paper is recyclable. Wood is a renewable resource. Wood and paper represent AMERICAN JOBS.