FZ6S 2006 ABS problem

Bufnitoiu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys, i hope that i can find some answeres here for my problem.
I bought a 2006 FZ6S with 7000 km and only now after another 10000 km i noticed the ABS isn`t working.
When you start the bike the abs light turns on and then it switches of and it doesnt flash or stay on.
When i did the ABS self test it all seemed to work fine (you can feel the abs in the front break lever and on the rear brake but not so powerfull like the front). The break light is working just fine, The wire harnass is ok. BUT when running, the ABS doesn`t work. I did a stoppie and the ABS didn`t work and hit the rear break and still no ABS.
After a few of these tests the ABS seemed to work only when breaking with both breaks at the same time, front and rear.

so
1 i checked the wiring - ok
2 checked all the break fluid - ok (i still want to check again the rear break fluid to be sure there is no air in the systems)
3. self test running ok on the front, running on the back but seems not so powerfull
4. checked the wheel sensors, they are clean.

Any of you have the same problem ? Or mayne there is no problem at all and i don`t know how it works. I never had a bike with ABS before.

I have attached also a pic of the bike. 12032126_1085549191463256_5700286904001626484_n.jpg
Thank you in advance for your answeres.
Lucian

fate

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 2008 s2 with ABS.

And i cannot lock any of my wheels... the lever will pulsate and release the brake...

If yours does not there is clearly something wrong.

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe it's normal. Different bikes work differently especially used. the back pulsate strongly than the front which is slightly for mine. If the brakes are braking smoothly, then it shouldn't be a problem. You can try check with your dealer on this for more info.

Bufnitoiu

Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure i have a problem :) and the front pulsates stronger than the back. My problem is that my weels lock and ABS doesn't work. From the dealer i got the "we should replace the electric pump and valve unit" solutuon wich is about 2000 euro... not an option

I was thinking that maybe theABS works only after a certain speed and temperature..... maybe

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Any records from the previous seller on what he did and etc? Normally what I understand is that the S2 or S1 have a few symptoms such as this. Mine work with both pressed together or emergency braking. I had a softie rear brakes at times and did alotta times bleeding. Plus some suggestions by the ppl here. It work for awhile then revert back to what it is. It kinda grew on me and I decided to let it go. There are issues with the ABS no doubt and does cost a bomb to replace. You can bypass it like a normal roadie.

Anyway, when did it lock? During stopping, cruising or cornering?

Last edited:

Bufnitoiu

Reaction score
Visit site
It locked during testing them on the street. The front locked performing a beautyfull weelie:)))) and the back locked and i managed to leave a 2m break mark. And i was past 10km/h as the manual says. But performing the hidraulic test #1 as shown in the manual at 4-59 the system works fine.

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you read 1-9 to 1-12. Might be somewhere between those lines.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk