FZ6R Restrictor

Baileyisme

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
So I found out that the restrictor on my FZ6R has been removed, which actually makes it illegal to ride in Australia when you're not fully licensed. Which is a bit of a problem because it's quite a big fine and possible loss of licence.
It also shows on my registration that it isn't learned approved, so I'm wondering if there is any way to get it restrictored again possibly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baileyisme

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not to sure, pretty sure it's just something on the throttle to stop you opening the throttle all the way

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the throttle plate restrictor that's used on the 04-08 FZ6's. It basically limits how far you can turn the throttle OPEN.

Yours is an "R" model so it may be slightly different, but this is what your looking for:

Where it would install:

The US based Partzilla doesn't show that plate separately. I don't think it was EVER required in the states.
Across the pond, yes. Check with your local Yamaha dealer.

Last edited:

Baileyisme

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah that's exactly what I need. Can't seem to find it anywhere on the net haha.
Might have to ask around.
Contacted the bloke I got the bike off to see if he can find it but I doubt he will

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Where it would install:

In the picture here you could easily take some flat steel, bend a stopper, drill two holes and mount it here.
They didnt do it that way as it is easily defeated (removed) but it could be made easily and instslled or removed in minutes. It would effectively do the same thing.