FZ6N 2005 Error Code 33

BBOutlaw

Reaction score
Visit site
Dear FZ6 Mates,

I have a problem Yamaha RJ07 FZ6N 2005, some of You may have before.
It's the error code 33, cylinder #1 and #4 stop working.
When I start it in cold, everything is okay for 2 minutes, then engine light on, cylinders stop working.
I tried to push ECU while the problem shows itself, try to change polarity on the coil, change the coils -> same error code, tried it with just the #1 and #4 coil - the other one connected, but the caps weren't on the spark plugs - and it worked, no faulty code or engine light. I connected the other coil to the spark plugs, but let a wire open from the coil polarity and first it shows error 34 (I was just curious, could it write 34 or just 33).
After this I tried to fix polarity connection on the #1 and #4 coil and it worked well for around 8-10 minutes.
I stopped the engine, started to build it back and today when I started the engine, 2 minutes and 33 is back... :/
Any idea to solve it before service (where maybe in other case I read here ordering ECU and will have same problem...)?

Thank You a lot for any idea!

BBOutlaw

Reaction score
Visit site
It's so interesting!
When it just thinks, the two cylinder stop working.
Yesterday I had to go around 50km and the whole way just 2 worked.
On the way back it was normal, all 4 worked properly, there were only moments for engine light on and the 2 stop working.
How could it be sometimes work and sometimes not?
And why is it working when only the #1 and #4 coil connected.
That may suspect, the problem isn't with the coil...
What if I try with another ECU?
A friend has an FZ6 too, maybe 2004.
Will it fit for a try?
Or the coils?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én ZTE V967S-el

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you checked the ECM connector? You must pull it apart and inspect the pins. I'm sorry we have a small language barrier. Did you exchange/swap the coils to see if it is the coil? Do not change polarity on any part.

BBOutlaw

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the ECM connector what connected to ECU?
Yeah, I swap the coil, in that case it was Error 33 too.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the ECM connector what connected to ECU?
Yeah, I swap the coil, in that case it was Error 33 too.

ECU and ECM are the same. Sounds like the code is for and open primary circuit.

The FZ6 uses 2 ignition coils. My first thought is the ECU/ECM plug. One on the pins may be corroded ore dirty. Check all plugs and harnesses between the coil and the ECU/ECM> :)

Check orange with black tracer wire and grey with black tracer wires at the ECM plug. These are the control wires for both coils. Eack coil primary is supplied positive voltage through the red kill switch. The ECM provides the timed ground path for each coil through the wires to the ECM. The ECM transistor may be bad for that coil but check and clean connectors first. Good Luck! :D

BBOutlaw

Reaction score
Visit site
ECU and ECM are the same. Sounds like the code is for and open primary circuit.

The FZ6 uses 2 ignition coils. My first thought is the ECU/ECM plug. One on the pins may be corroded ore dirty. Check all plugs and harnesses between the coil and the ECU/ECM> :)

Check orange with black tracer wire and grey with black tracer wires at the ECM plug. These are the control wires for both coils. Eack coil primary is supplied positive voltage through the red kill switch. The ECM provides the timed ground path for each coil through the wires to the ECM. The ECM transistor may be bad for that coil but check and clean connectors first. Good Luck! :D
Dear Motogiro,

The bike was in service and they cannot fix the problem, but told me, it's the ECU.
I checked at home the ECU connector, it looks fine, but I started the engine, wait for 2 cylinders stop and I push hard with both hands the connector to ECU on the side where the orange-black wire is.

I think the problem is with the connector, as You thought, but I don't know how could I fix it?

Thank You!