FZ6 won't turn over

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I fixed the other issue I was having, thanks to all of you, but when I went to turn the bike on, it wouldn't turn over. Before I had the previous issue of the front sprocket coming off the gear, the bike was starting just fine. It sat for about 3 weeks while I waited to fix the sprocket issue. I've never had an issue letting it sit that long before. I took a video of what's happening:

http://youtu.be/FsBYw1VtXaQ

Thanks again for helping me fix the issue with the front sprocket! Hopefully you guys can identify this problem just as easily as you did that one, and the fix is just as simple.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I fixed the other issue I was having, thanks to all of you, but when I went to turn the bike on, it wouldn't turn over. Before I had the previous issue of the front sprocket coming off the gear, the bike was starting just fine. It sat for about 3 weeks while I waited to fix the sprocket issue. I've never had an issue letting it sit that long before. I took a video of what's happening:

http://youtu.be/FsBYw1VtXaQ

Thanks again for helping me fix the issue with the front sprocket! Hopefully you guys can identify this problem just as easily as you did that one, and the fix is just as simple.

Your battery is about dead or out of life, no doubt. You can re-charge it and get it load tested before replacing it, but if theres 6 volts cranking (instead fo the usual close to 13), I'd be surprised.. Its cranking MAYBE half as fast as it should. It also needs power for the ignition, fuel system, etc(which it presently does NOT have).

You can jump start it off a 12 volt car battery however DO NOT RUN THE CARS ENGINE, it will damage your bike..

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
At least its not gone as far as the "BUZZ ERROR 1" stage! That's scary until you can sort the battery: error 1 can get expensive if it's not the battery.

Get it plugged in, over night, then give it a go. It should fire fresh from the charger. You'll probably get another few weeks/month or so out of it with either constant use or constantly plugged in, but it needs replacing.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk