fz6 track bike =D

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
so most likely i will get a street triple or a SS but i might not bother with selling the fizz since i will only get maybe $4000 for it, i might just turn it into a track bike. has anyone done this? :rockon:

emsee

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see why it couldn't be done rather easily. Just swap the front end for R6 forks or just put in some springs and emulators (if they're available for FZ6's?). Then get some race rearsets, take off the center-stand, and call it a day. I don't own an FZ, but I've ridden one and don't see why they couldn't be race ready rather easily. Taking off the center-stand and passenger pegs will save you a little weight too! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you could make your FZ into a track bike but if you plan to attend track days regularly you’d probably be happier with a 600 SS bike. The SS bike has the correct ergos and a better suspension out of the box. Getting your body out of the touring position and into a track position isn’t cheap. You’ll need rearsets and clip-ons of some type. And as stated you’ll need at least R6 forks and I’d highly recommend a quality shock; Ohlins, etc. Just those items are about $1,000 to $1,500. You can buy a nice used 600 SS track bike for about $3,000 to $4,000. For that price you’ll usually find a nice suspension, brake goodies, steering damper, track body work, safety wired, etc. An SS bike also nets you a better frame, swingarm, rearsets, clip-ons and race saddle. It all depends on what you want to do.