FZ6 Stock Handlebar mod

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I've searched through this forum extensively to find the answer but have yet to have any luck. I remember someone mentioning flipping the handle bars around but couldn't recall the response.

Basically, I want to flip my stock handlebars, so the bend in the middle would go down and towards me instead of up and so on. It would involve removing everything including the grips to do.

Im hoping this would give me a lower bar height similar to a less aggressive version of clubman bars. I'm planning on getting Suburban Machinery bars but funds don't permit me to do so atm.

Dont flame me!:ban: just want some advice from the more experienced before I consider doing anything.:BLAA:

alittletoored

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I've searched through this forum extensively to find the answer but have yet to have any luck. I remember someone mentioning flipping the handle bars around but couldn't recall the response.

Basically, I want to flip my stock handlebars, so the bend in the middle would go down and towards me instead of up and so on. It would involve removing everything including the grips to do.

Im hoping this would give me a lower bar height similar to a less aggressive version of clubman bars. I'm planning on getting Suburban Machinery bars but funds don't permit me to do so atm.

Dont flame me!:ban: just want some advice from the more experienced before I consider doing anything.:BLAA:

Well it seems as though you would have clearance issues doing this... My cheap fix was a set of renthal Hi bars, simply because I had them laying around. (I ride harescrambles alot)

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
what do you think about these bars? i had them made up when i ran my bike as a street fighter, now it's set up as a sport tourer for comuting. they dont hit the tank at full deflection and they have the same 33 degree sweep and and 1/8th inch drop to make them comfortable.
Todd, [email protected]

Last edited:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
what do you think about these bars? i had them made up when i ran my bike as a street fighter, now it's set up as a sport tourer for comuting. the dont hit the tank at full deflection and they have the same 33 degree sweep and and 1/8th inch drop to make them comfortable.
Todd, [email protected]

Your bar looks a lot like a fz1 bar, nice!

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look good but i was aiming more to keep the stock fairing atm, looks like my options are affordable FZ1 bars or expensive, but what im looking for, Urban Machinery bars.:(