FZ6 Scratched Tank

abszero7

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got an FZ6 and I already scratched the tank trying to get onto it...
Does anyone know How i can get the scratches out or where i can go to get them removed?

315bd45.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's surface scratches you can use a brush and build up the scratch to fill it. When the scratch is filled you can wet sand with 1000-1200 grit and then compound the area. Take your time filling the scratch layer by layer with the clear coat. :)

abszero7

Reaction score
Visit site

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you are getting ready to sell the bike I wouldn't worry too much about them. Wash, wax and buff. Enjoy the bike and when you get ready to sell it spend the money to clean up the paint job. I often make fun of my friends who have there "garage queens". They never take the bike out unless the conditions are just right. Personally I would rather enjoy riding and not staring.

abszero7

Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you are getting ready to sell the bike I wouldn't worry too much about them. Wash, wax and buff. Enjoy the bike and when you get ready to sell it spend the money to clean up the paint job. I often make fun of my friends who have there "garage queens". They never take the bike out unless the conditions are just right. Personally I would rather enjoy riding and not staring.

I totally agree with you, after riding it all day [first day riding it] I immediately forgot about the scratches and now I don't even really care they are there as they are hard to find unless you are looking for them. And my legs cover them up as I ride. So yeah I am definitely enjoying the bike and it was a good purchase.

My 250r got stolen ;P this is an adequate replacement.

abszero7

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok off topic but relevant to scratches....
I am the goddamn scratch magnet. I just discovered another new scratch on my headlight, and its relatively large. (I don't know the origins of this scratch and thats really irritating because it couldn't have been caused by a rock on the road...unless it came at a perfect angle tangent to the curve of the headlight, either caused by my cover or another person [stored outside]). I am starting to go mad, >:|..and a new headlight assembly is like 160 dollars and totally not worth it for this kind of damage. Sorry for my rant...Not even sure what to do about that one.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Unlessvit jacks up operation, i dont screw with that stuff. I love that EVERYTHING on my fz6 is blacked out and theres no chrome. Scratches? Who cares. I put down over 1000 miles this year and my harley buddies are talking about getting spring pre-ride services. :rolleyes:

Ride or have your shiny new toy, i say.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2