Fz6 s2

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, looks like good site, anyone here in the UK got the FZ6 S2, the naked version? Just looking for some peoples views on it, particually if anyone got one they have had restricted for A2 licence, cheers

NearOn

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi buddy..naked are the envy of the US..(they have to make their own) ..around where i live i see a lot more fazers than N's.

Theres not too much been said about the restriction ..although it has been mentioned that its only a small bracket that stops the throttle being fully opened (not like the old exhaust washers etc)

Bagzter

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi buddy..naked are the envy of the US..(they have to make their own) ..around where i live i see a lot more fazers than N's.

Theres not too much been said about the restriction ..although it has been mentioned that its only a small bracket that stops the throttle being fully opened (not like the old exhaust washers etc)

the restriction he's referring to is the 33bhp(25kw) restriction that is placed on new riders. No idea what an FZ would perform like with nearly a 66% power drop, but, i can tell you that a CB500 still had a grin factor when i was doing my DAS course:D

For our overseas friends that arent aware of our licencing laws a brief description of an A2 licence is as follows:

A2 – Restricted UK bike licence
Full UK bike licence with a two-year power restriction on what you can ride.

Designed for those not wanting to ride anything too powerful for two years and the only licence option available to those aged 17-20. This licence can be gained using either a manual or automatic motorcycle. This licence can be gained using either a manual or automatic motorcycle. If you take your test on an automatic, you may only ride an automatic, which means that will only be able ride a manual bike as a learner. If you take your test on a manual bike, you can ride either manual or automatic.

■Restrictions on what you can ride: Maximum of 33 b.h.p./25 kW with a power/weight ratio not exceeding 0.16kW/kg and then after two years the licence automatically matures so that you can ride any size of bike. If the bike you want does exceed 33 b.h.p./25 kW, you will need to get the engine restricted down to 33 b.h.p./25 kW. If you reach the age of 21 before your licence matures, you can lift the restriction by taking your test again on a larger machine (Accelerated Access)
■Minimum age: 17
■Minimum test vehicle: Any motorcycle over 120cc and less than 125cc and capable of at least 62.5 m.p.h. (100 km/h). There must be certification to back this up. If you book to use one of our 125cc bikes, they all meet the minimum vehicle requirements to gain this A2 licence.
■Allows you to: Carry passengers, discard your L-plates and to ride on motorways.

wolfrace999

Reaction score
Visit site
my restricted fz6 s1 ran exactually the same as a full power one up till about 6k revs then would just rev but not get any more power after that

its like riding the bike but only being able to use a quarter of the throttle

its restricted by a small metal plate that stops the butterflies opening fully

to say its a different bike once de-restricted is an under statment i've just passed my two years and i love it puts a smile on everytime

i'd even go as far as it feels faster than my dads FZ1 because it is a lot more 'revvier'

macy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
Mine is a black S2 Naked, not restricted though, goes like poop down a brass trumpet, very smooth and handles well too.
I find it really refreshing after riding an all balls out Aprillia Mille.
Cheers ............Macy.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
as much as i dislike the younger squid bike culture here in the states and agree that its in a beginners best interest to stay on a lower output bike for awhile.....give me a break about uk's laws regarding governers on bikes. werent your guns taken away too?

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
as much as i dislike the younger squid bike culture here in the states and agree that its in a beginners best interest to stay on a lower output bike for awhile.....give me a break about uk's laws regarding governers on bikes. werent your guns taken away too?

Yep.Along with our freedom of speech,privacy and the right to think for ourselves.

Welcome to the Nanny state that we used to call Great Britain :(

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, looks like good site, anyone here in the UK got the FZ6 S2, the naked version? Just looking for some peoples views on it, particually if anyone got one they have had restricted for A2 licence, cheers

NearOn

Hi NearOn,

I have a FZ6 S2 Naked too. Have a look at my Photo's in my album. Blacks the best colour IMO.
It's a great bike and i can't keep off it.

Thanks to "Alanrim" (another member on here), i fitted the Ermax Screen and it looks mighty fine.

It's a great bike for your first bike too. Very smooth to ride and when de-restricted powerful enough too.

ENJOY !!