FZ6 Rebuild (R6 or FZ6 Parts Needed)

tlang001

Reaction score
Visit site
So there was a stopped car in front of me on the freeway a few months back. My FarahZ6 and I both suffered. I've been repaired and now it's time to fix the Fazza.

The bike turns over, and the back is pretty much in tact. Buuuuut...

I know for sure I need:

A headlight/s
A radiator
Handlebars
Front Forks
A Front Wheel/Tire
A Speedo/Tachometer
A cover for the side of the motor that's ripped off
Turn signals (that don't use fairings cause im going naked, so those should be easy enough to find).
Left Driver Foot Peg

Things I maybe need:
A Frame
A horn
Some rear view mirrors (I like the carbon fiber ones so if you have em, let me know, otherwise, they're cheap enough).
One of those Euro Fazer windscreens
Some headers (Although I'm pretty sure I can fix the dent in those).
Some rags, some big ass bolts, and a Guinness or 12.

Wow, that list was way shorter than I thought it would be. I'm sure I'll come up with more as I go.

I've been looking at the forums and im probably gonna put clip ons and R6 forks on anywho and if you have some good stuff that'd fit an FZ6 for cheap, let me know. Thanks.

[email protected]

:Sport:
:Im With Stupid:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I hate to burst your bubble, but that is not a motorcycle anymore. It's a couple good parts that you can sell and a lot of junk.

Yeah, given enough investment you can rebuild a wreck. I speak from experience here. But it's not cheap, it's not fast, the results are not good, and the bike will never be the same again.

New parts from Yamaha will cost more than a new bike.

Used parts can be had, but good luck finding a used frame. The title follows the frame, so you'll be taxed for your 'new' motorcycle. And used front wheels and forks are hard to get hold of, because they're the first things to be damaged in a crash. Used will still be expensive.

And the problem with buying a bunch of salvage parts is that in the end you've built a motorcycle out of junk.

The major issue is that you don't know what else has taken damage. In a hit that hard, every component is stressed badly.

If you want to get back on the road soon, just let your insurance company total it and move on. You'll save yourself a lot of misery.

Fred

Last edited:

tlang001

Reaction score
Visit site
problem here is that they blame the accident on me and won't comp me the bike.

so, i have a 6k debt and no bike. so i either fix it and ride, (and im way more willing to do that cause i have 3 extremely well equipped garages not to mention family members who work on motorcycle race teams as mechanics)

OR i can part it out for about a max of 2k and still have 4k in debt and no ****ing bike.

sorry man, but im not down with that second option.

and all the parts i listed aren't destroyed, its not like i went head on with a truck at 100.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad you are O.K. !

If you don't mind sharing how the accident happen, we would appreciate it. I split lanes on the L.A. freeweways on a daily basis and would not mind learning from your experience. Cheers and good luck finding parts for your bike!

tlang001

Reaction score
Visit site
Basically I went out to Zorba's in riverside for a bike night and planned on staying there (I'm not the type that liked riding on the freeway late) and my place to stay fell through. So I was coming home, almost back to Westwood on the 10 Freeway, came around a left hand turn and an accident had just happened in front of me. There was a car stopped in the fast lane, and another strattling the 2 & 3 lanes.

So, I tried going around in the emergency lane seeing as how I was doing 70 at least and was about 5 car lengths from the wreck. *By the way, neither car had lights or emergency blinkers on, and one of the guys involved was wandering around on the freeway, unaware of where he was.

Basically the squeeze was too tight, I hit the center divider at full speed and went down. Accident report doesn't even aknowledge that any other cars were there so they aren't gonna pay for the bike.

Broke my pelvis in 3 places, 5 ribs, dislocated the femur, etc etc.

The tow yard where my bike was said it looked like a pretzel and asked if it was originally blue, idiots basically. But they did say with the small area of freeway they cover in LA on the Ten alone, they get 10-15 bikes a month that they have to tow cause a rider is sent to the hospital.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Basically I went out to Zorba's in riverside for a bike night and planned on staying there (I'm not the type that liked riding on the freeway late) and my place to stay fell through. So I was coming home, almost back to Westwood on the 10 Freeway, came around a left hand turn and an accident had just happened in front of me. There was a car stopped in the fast lane, and another strattling the 2 & 3 lanes.

So, I tried going around in the emergency lane seeing as how I was doing 70 at least and was about 5 car lengths from the wreck. *By the way, neither car had lights or emergency blinkers on, and one of the guys involved was wandering around on the freeway, unaware of where he was.

Basically the squeeze was too tight, I hit the center divider at full speed and went down. Accident report doesn't even aknowledge that any other cars were there so they aren't gonna pay for the bike.

Broke my pelvis in 3 places, 5 ribs, dislocated the femur, etc etc.

The tow yard where my bike was said it looked like a pretzel and asked if it was originally blue, idiots basically. But they did say with the small area of freeway they cover in LA on the Ten alone, they get 10-15 bikes a month that they have to tow cause a rider is sent to the hospital.

Can't you get the police report from the other accident that shows that they were in the same place at the same time to prove that their accident caused yours?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
MIGHT need a new frame? I wouldn't ride that thing (and I'm still riding my bike that's been down twice) but I won't try and convince you not to....that might get annoying after a while :)

Glad you healed up! There are some bikes being parted out both here and on SBN...should be a good starting point for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MIGHT need a new frame? I wouldn't ride that thing (and I'm still riding my bike that's been down twice) but I won't try and convince you not to....that might get annoying after a while :)

Glad you healed up! There are some bikes being parted out both here and on SBN...should be a good starting point for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

first step is to find someone who will and is good at aluminum welding... then just start re-building from there, if you need a new frame you might as well buy another wrecked bike and hope that between the two you can me a whole bike.

tlang001

Reaction score
Visit site
very good point, and actually, my old man just bought a 72 chevy c-10 and the guy who built the whole truck (roll cage, nascar suspension, etc etc) is a pro welder. I'm probably gonna be going over there and talking to him anyways.

i really just don't wanna give up on this yet, i mean the bike turns over, the horn still works, the back end is completely in tact, and i've got a lot of good bike hands at my dispossal.

if it's not weldable i'll think about parting it out, but man, a 6k debt and no bike hurts enough to stop me in my tracks when looking for another bike.

tlang001

Reaction score
Visit site
by the way, no, the highway patrol won't let me get the other accident report, not even by paying for it. the only way i even really was sure that there were more cars involved was a buddy of mine was driving (totally by coincidence) basically about 10 seconds behind me, slammed on his brakes in his car and didn't hit the other cars. he didn't know i had been in an accident (or that there was even a motorcycle there) until he saw me in the same hospital as his mom about a week later. some raaaaaandom ****.

next time, im biting the bullet and getting comprehensive. duh.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a slightly damaged frame:

eBay Motors: 06 Yamaha FZ6 Frame FZ 6 19T (item 330222522432 end time Mar-31-08 17:12:00 PDT)

Here are some headers.

eBay Motors: 06 Yamaha FZ6 Exhaust Headers FZ 6 (item 360036303657 end time Mar-31-08 17:11:00 PDT)

FZ6 2006 Bolts.

eBay Motors: 06 Yamaha FZ6 Assembly Bolts FZ 6 (item 370035955102 end time Mar-31-08 17:03:00 PDT)

You still have time to bid on these parts and they're all cheap. As for everyone else in this forum, you must give tlang001 proper respect and NOT bid on these items for yourselves.

Go fix your girl tiger!

H

HavBlue

by the way, no, the highway patrol won't let me get the other accident report, not even by paying for it. the only way i even really was sure that there were more cars involved was a buddy of mine was driving (totally by coincidence) basically about 10 seconds behind me, slammed on his brakes in his car and didn't hit the other cars. he didn't know i had been in an accident (or that there was even a motorcycle there) until he saw me in the same hospital as his mom about a week later. some raaaaaandom ****.

next time, im biting the bullet and getting comprehensive. duh.

So what happened to the sworn affidavit your buddy should be writing to support the fact those vehicles were in fact there? Additionally, why hasn't the police report been contested? I know Tuesday nights at Zorbas quite well and it can be a magnet for RPD, Riverside Sheriff and CHP but it's fun for sure. They also make a mean chili burger.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
problem here is that they blame the accident on me and won't comp me the bike.

so, i have a 6k debt and no bike. so i either fix it and ride, (and im way more willing to do that cause i have 3 extremely well equipped garages not to mention family members who work on motorcycle race teams as mechanics)

OR i can part it out for about a max of 2k and still have 4k in debt and no ****ing bike.

sorry man, but im not down with that second option.

and all the parts i listed aren't destroyed, its not like i went head on with a truck at 100.

If you hit a stopped car, then they have good reason to feel the accident was your fault. Was it stalled in a lane, or on the shoulder? Either way, it would still be your responsability to avoid hitting it.