FZ6 + R1 tail end

onyx_riddle

Reaction score
Visit site
Mmmm agreed, if you wanted that look should of just bought an R6, Cant sacrifice my corbin for that though, its too comfy. Its a cool idea though.

Yeah I guess I agree but I got my fz6 for dirt cheap and there were no fuel injected r6's or r1's around for $3,800 with less than 5,000 miles...

It's so much fun to modify it, anyway. That's my favorite part of owning a crotch rocket.
I used to be in to mustangs pretty heavily until one day I realized that it has ALL been done before. Everything.

However.. to this day, I have not seen an fz6 with an r1 tail swap with custom streetfighter style lighting (shaved passenger peg mounts) AND full fairings AND custom paint.
That makes me happy :)

Onyx

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting one.

That way the missus can't break my balls, constantly asking "When are you taking me out on it then?" :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Same tail,different bike ;)

r6tail.jpg

Got some of Access's Carbon protectors on it.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Check out what he did to his rear fender on that one (oh and he stripped his wheels too):

sp_a0192-310835.jpg

Pretty sleek... here is his build thread... yes, it's in french but you can see all his pics: [Yamaha] FZ6 - Crazy Moto

That rear fender looks really great.
You don't have happen to have more pics of that fender? or a "how to" thread?
The link seems to have no fender information.

Thanks

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site

r6tail.jpg

That looks much better IMO. I don't think it is the size itself that made the first one look odd, I think it was the angle and the fact that the tail stuck out further than the exhaust cans. This one doesn't have either of those problems and has me curious what all was required for him to swap over...

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
On closer inspection I'm not sure that is actually an R1 tail. It is the same style, but if you go to Access Composites' website they sell that tail and it is a molded fiberglass single seat. The R1 has provisions for a pillion (sort of). If that French seat bolts onto the FZ6 subframe though, they have my attention:Flash: Next step is to see if it has a taillight.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site

r6tail.jpg

Ahhh, yes! Much, much better. I could definitely live with that on my bike. :thumbup:

I don't really like how the exhaust sticks out too far, though. Guess I'm pretty picky. :spank:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
On closer inspection I'm not sure that is actually an R1 tail. It is the same style, but if you go to Access Composites' website they sell that tail and it is a molded fiberglass single seat. The R1 has provisions for a pillion (sort of). If that French seat bolts onto the FZ6 subframe though, they have my attention:Flash: Next step is to see if it has a taillight.

The Access one is an R1 Racing unit and is a straight bolt up job :thumbup:
I guess it could be modded to fit a pillion pad.

vagelisrs

Reaction score
Visit site
i wanna ask u something. In these photos the tail is the original yamaha r1 tail or the one that u shown on the french site?

vagelisrs

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx Ridgeback but does anyone know to answer me if the one that Wavex posted is the original tail of R1 or the other on the site?

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't come with a seat or light.You have to add them yourself.
I'll let you know what the fits like in a week or so,when mine arrives :thumbup: