FZ6 Lights Don't Work

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to this sight but would appreciate any feedback if possible. I currently have a 2006 FZ6 and have modified the front turn signals with Watsen Design units - worked great. I replaced the rear brake light with a led brake/turn signal light and now it worked for 10 minutes and now I keep blowing the 10A fuse. When I replace the fuse, the lights stay on but will not flash; when I turn on the signal either left or right the fuse blows within 10 seconds. I did not wire the turn signals in when I replaced the rear brake light - they are taped off and wire tied. Any ideas as to what would cause this to happen?

I appreciate the input, thank you,

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention that the running light for the rear brake light does not illuminate but the brake light will if the front or rear brake is engaged.

Thank you again,

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To everybody who may read this - problem is corrected. Right rear turn signal wiring fused to bottom of exhaust and created a direct short when the right turn signal was activated. I will re-wire now but just a heads up to watch the wiring under the exhaust.

Thank you,

obiwan1138

Reaction score
Visit site
I has a similar problem where the fairing sliced into the wiring on the front turn signals and when the wiring rubbed metal at freeway speeds, lane changes would blow the tailight fuse, etc. Securing the wiring solved it.