FZ6 Headlights??

Justin91280

Reaction score
Visit site
When the lights are on low beams is there just one of the headlights lit up and when the high beams are on there both lit up?? I've noticed this in a few videos... If so its one of the few things I don't like hopefully i'm wrong

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes yes this is very very normal.

when they're on low only one will be on, when they're on high both will be lit up. It's the way they come.

Why? Ask Yamaha, no one really knows.

There's a thread to fix it that I'll drag up. A SUPER SUPER long thread.

Justin91280

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks much appreciated.. Does anyone have issues getting pulled over by the police. thinking that one of your lights are out?

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
nope.

cops are used to motorcycles only having one headlight. it's perfectly legal, yammy couldn't sell it if it wasn't.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks much appreciated.. Does anyone have issues getting pulled over by the police. thinking that one of your lights are out?

I've heard about people failing state inspection because the tech was an idiot! I wouldn't be surprised if there were people out there that had been issued tickets for this. First thing my old roommate said to me when I brought the bike home was "you've got a headlight out".
________
Yourhotgoddess cam

Last edited:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a guy on here called Biker_dude43 who figured out what Yamaha failed to include on this bike and he has a way to fix this "light-out" problem doing what Yamaha could have done themselves in the factory!!

Unlike many of the other modification on this site, Biker_dude43 has come up with the best way of fixing it. It doesn't require any cutting of wires, no soldering wires...his method is just plug and play.

He first made a wire harness (wire with two different connections on either end), you'll find that information here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-s/1663-bd43-s-07-headlight-mod-part-1-a.html

And from this thread he shows in another thread (part 2) how to do the job yourself:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-s/1666-bd43-s-07-headlight-mod-part-2-a.html

I'm not taking away from the other guys posted methods but Biker dude's method is exactly how the factory would have done it.

Read his topic and you will understand. If you contact bikerdude you may even be able to purchase a wire harness off him (I did and the bike looks amazing!!)

Justin91280

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man!! I don't even have the bike yet but have been doing alot of research about everything and the whole stupid light thing was stressing me out. lol but its awsome that people hear have contributed in on solving the problem. I like this method, it is the right way to go.. thanks again everyone for the input!!!

flyer34

Reaction score
Visit site
I suspect the reason only one headlight lights up is that with both of them lit up, it's possible for somebody to glance at you at night and mistake you for a car that is far away rather than a motorcycle that is actually very close. I have good eyesight, and it's tough for me to imagine making that mistake, but I have friends with much worse eyesight and it's surprising how little they see, especially at night if they have dark brown eyes.

I don't like the way it looks with just one headlight lit, though, and two headlights would improve my visibility on the bike, so I'm torn. I'm keeping the stock configuration for now. I generally try to avoid riding at night anyway. That's when all the bad accidents happen.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally i ride everywhere with the high beam on i have yet to have anyone flash there lights at me telling me to turn the brights off.....from what ive noticed the lights are aimed somewhat low even after aiming them up as far as possible......so it doesnt bother ppl at night.