FZ6 gas tank question...

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if the FZ6 gas tank is double lined? I went to see if one of the local Paintless Dent Removal guys would give me a quote on the dent in my tank and he asked if it was double lined.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Being that I just had an issue with my tank I know that it's steal and I believe it isn't double lined. I had a small crack that caused it to leak so if it was double lined I don't think it would have done that. I may be wrong though.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I just replaced mine last night, it is not double lined.

Will you let us know what what the cost of removing the dent is? I had thought about doing this before I found another tank, but I'm still interested in cost. I have some dings in my car I might like to have removed.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site

Will you let us know what what the cost of removing the dent is? I had thought about doing this before I found another tank, but I'm still interested in cost. I have some dings in my car I might like to have removed.

As for removing (small) dents in a car, there are 2 ways to deal with it; either dismantle the interior (e.g. door panels) and "spoon" it out (tapping/pushing from the inside) or by sucking it out from the outside.
The latter doesn't need the interior to be removed, but does cost a lot more (at least, here in Belgium :mad:).
To give you an (European/Belgian) quote: I had the roof and bonnet done of one of our cars (Alfa Romeo 159 SW 3.2JTS) and it costed €1500 (done with the first method).
The latter would've been around €2300, with some possible dents that couldn't been done (chassis tubes at the roof, wich are too thick to suck out..)
Just to make clear: this car suffered some real bad hail damage (150-200 dents on the bonnet, 300-400 on the roof:spank:)

Grtz,

Degake

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site

I'll let you know Eddie. He quoted me $300 to repair it and re-paint it which I didn't think was too bad but I'm hoping PDR will be a lot cheaper and a lot faster.

I just had a bunch of tennis ball and baseball size hail damage repaired on my Jeep and most of it was done by PDR except for the hood which had to be replaced because the dents were too deep. It was $4500 all together but pretty much every panel on it had damage.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll let you know Eddie. He quoted me $300 to repair it and re-paint it which I didn't think was too bad but I'm hoping PDR will be a lot cheaper and a lot faster.

I just had a bunch of tennis ball and baseball size hail damage repaired on my Jeep and most of it was done by PDR except for the hood which had to be replaced because the dents were too deep. It was $4500 all together but pretty much every panel on it had damage.

And I thought we paid too much for this repair :ban:

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
I got to use some of the insurance money I've been paying. They even fixed a couple of dings that were there before the hail storm.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Wow, that's a steep repair bill. I also had an estimate of $300 to have my tank repaired and painted with me providing the paint. I ended up finding a used tank here for $350 so I went that route.