Fz6 fender eliminator fitment question

WatchThisPlay

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any change from 2004 to 2006 as far as how a fender eliminator kit would fit? I found a pretty cool one on eBay that has FZ6 cut out on it however the description says 2006-2008. I've seen other kits claim to fit on all year models. Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks, WatchThisPlay

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know for certain but I think the fender mounting did not change. I have a 2008.

I looked at those last year and bought one, not the one with the name cut out. I heard the ones with the cut out are sort of flimsy - missing all that sheet metal. For either version be aware that the tabs intended to hold the turn signals have round holes and will not work with the oval base on the stock signals. I've seen where some guys removed the rubber mounting part of the stem and jury-rigged a set of washers to hold the blinkers in place - or just replaced them with LED signals. But if you go to LEDs you'll need to fix the blinker rate issue.

I ended up buying an R&G eliminator - cost quite a bit more, but it has the mounting tabs for the stock signals - and is pretty sturdy.

If you want to try the non-cut out version I'll send it to you for the price of shipping. Please send a Private Msg if interested.

Chris

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
2006 would be S1 version and 2008 would be S2 version of the FZ6.

2004 to 2006 are S1

2007 to 2009 are S2

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
There is no difference as far as FE's go. My guess is they just listed it incorrectly. Not sure what one your looking at but I bought one from this guy and the quality is really good for the money. You can get it in several options, cut-out, no cut-out, 2, 4 or no turn signals, with or without a platelight.

Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy Black 2004 2009 | eBay