Fender Eliminator Kits '09 FZ6 Raven Reccs pls

DasBrooklyner

Reaction score
Visit site
Hiya,
Would love to get my back end tidy :cool: possibly change out the front blinkers as well. Many of the links to kits here in the forum are dead. I am looking at the Puig one here but thought I would reach out to pick some brains here.
Not too into the long bit that hangs down (why?) Any good leads on others?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ ?? It depends on your priorities. All my opinion but....

I would not make an exhaust change as my 1st mod, especially if all I wanted was a tail tidy. While I like the sound of an aftermarket exhaust, (mine is stock but drilled out), I would start spending money on things that increase performance (not necessarily speed). For example, upgrading the front suspension with either R6 forks or Gold Valve Emulators will offer value back to you on every turn. I did mine after being coerced....I mean CONVINCED by my riding buddies and the change is AMAZING!. My next big spend will be an Ohlins rear shock to compliment the change in the front. And yes, after that I might look to an aftermarket exhaust, if I can justify the cost.

Till then, I use this tail tidy.... https://puigusa.com/en/tuning-motos/license-supports/licence-plate-holder?bike=6352

It is strong, looks good and comes from a reputable company. Previously, I had a less expensive tail tidy sold by a forum member and while it lasted a long time, it eventually cracked from vibration, destroyed my Hiper Lites and scratched up my swingarm during its exit.

Oh, and if you want a little cooler sound from the bike, do a search on how to drill out the stock exhaust. No comparison to the Scorpions, Two Bros, etc.... but better than the stock sound.

End of my opinion ......

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If ya look closely at the pic of the bike I have 2 Bros ( already done when when I got the bike). Thanks for the Puig link will check it.

Understood. Might I recommend you list out your mods in your signature line. This way it is clearer than having to look at a small picture that might not even be your bike. It helps. Give it a try.

DasBrooklyner

Reaction score
Visit site
Understood. Might I recommend you list out your mods in your signature line. This way it is clearer than having to look at a small picture that might not even be your bike. It helps. Give it a try.
Hi thanks for the tip ....FYI ...The Puig link you sent is the same as the one I listed in my original post....Will keep looking ...thanks.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
and re: the long bit that hangs down, it is behind the license plate so not visible, but it does allow the plate to be fastened with all 4 fasteners, beeping it from getting all buggered up. As for the lower reflector, it can be left off if you wish. I left mine on because I feel you cannot have too many ways to alert dopey cagers that there is a motorcycle in front of them......

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OH! Thanks for pointing that out...I've never seen actually on the bike so didn't know the plate covered the whole bit....Did you keep original blinkers?

No I didn't. I replaced them with the Hiper Lites which are mounted on a bracket I bought from them. The Hiper Lites I used are combo brake and directionals. The break lights pulse, another defense against the inattentional blindness of cagers....

Nor did I buy the Puig license plate light, instead I had these LEDs that double as upper license plate bolts. Very similar to these.... https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-L...Car+License+Plate+Light&qid=1610313282&sr=8-3

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site