FZ6 Euro3 compliant?

yelbmur

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if the FZ6 is compliant with the Euro3 emission standards? I have a 2006 that was originally sold in California. I'm asking because if I commute on a Euro3 compliant motorcycle to work, they provide me with incentives.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if the FZ6 is compliant with the Euro3 emission standards? I have a 2006 that was originally sold in California. I'm asking because if I commute on a Euro3 compliant motorcycle to work, they provide me with incentives.
Can you check your emissions against the euro 3 requirments?
There were no real significant changes from 05 to 06. What colour is your bike?
I found this article about the 2006 FZ1. None on FZ6 unfortunately.
Motorcycle Daily

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just found this on Wikkapedia:

2006 revision
The FZ6 receives the following revisions 2006:

Engine, frame, subframe, grabhandle, rear swingarm and wheels are painted in black.
Metal honeycomb type catalytic converter satisfies EU2 and CARB emissions standards
Optimized fuel injection (FI) system mapping to increase torque at lower rpm and solve problems with stalling that appeared on previous models

So this would suggest no is the answer to your question.

Nelly

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Wasn't the whole reason for designing the FZ6 that the old carbed FZS600 Fazers wouldn't pass the Euro 3 emissions tests, I'd have thought all the new fuel injected Fazers will pass?

I don't trust that Wiki entry, the stalling problem was because of the TPS, not the FI, and the black '05 faired bikes already had black wheels.

Also, if yours is a CA registered bike, does it not have the extra carbon fume trap canister thingy? That would make it even cleaner again.

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

Wasn't the whole reason for designing the FZ6 that the old carbed FZS600 Fazers wouldn't pass the Euro 3 emissions tests, I'd have thought all the new fuel injected Fazers will pass?

I don't trust that Wiki entry, the stalling problem was because of the TPS, not the FI, and the black '05 faired bikes already had black wheels.

Also, if yours is a CA registered bike, does it not have the extra carbon fume trap canister thingy? That would make it even cleaner again.

The California model (like mine) has a closed loop system which does have an evaporative canister. Yes, the FZ6 is Euro 3 compliant and actually may not require any changes to meet the next phase, which is Euro 5 although how exactly it may effect bikes is questionable at this point.

Euro3 came out in 2000 and Euro4 in 2005. Euro5 will be in effect by 2009

Last edited by a moderator: