FZ6 Engine

TigerHijinks

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the decision. It sounds like your thinking pretty much matched my own. I was coming off an old v-twin and was worried about the low end torque. I have killed it at stops signs, and below 25 mph in traffic it sometimes sounds like it doesn't want to run that slow, but then who want's to ride in traffic. 3-6k rpms is very tame, smooth power and that's where I rode for the first 1000 miles. That took about 2 1/2 weeks. Now I can't even remember the last time I used 6th gear. Even 2 up on day trips around the area I only go to 5th to keep the noise down a bit. I guess if I ever use the freeway then 6th might be nice.

Iskyone

Reaction score
Visit site
I am an older guy also and I would'nt give up my 08 FZ6 for any bike. Whether on the highway or country road this is an awsom bike, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.:thumbup:

NorcoT

Reaction score
Visit site
I was another one for sv650 vs fz6. I rode my friends 650 then test rode an fz6. Yes the sv is great fun at low speeds and low revs u really do need to watch how quickly u pull the throttle. But torque aside I found when I went past 40mph on the sv it just didn't compare with the fz6 with comfort.. I can't explain in detail but the fz6 just felt better built and more solid under you, where the sv felt a little rattly as if things just weren't as substantial.

Not to mention if you look at an sv next to same age of fz6, I find the fz6 seems to have less rust on it.

Call be biased but I think fz6 build quality is a lot better!