fz6 engine

jon123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello folks,

I had the privilege of flying over some lady's hood a few weeks ago after she pulled out in front of me. My bike's been totaled so now I'm looking for a replacement. I was on a Kawi z750s.

Is the fz6 basically an R6 with different fairings, a comfy seat, and upright handle bars?

Live4Snow

Reaction score
Visit site
In simple terms yes. Go to your local dealer and sit on one after sitting on the R6. Much more comfy.

Oh and :welcome:

jon123

Reaction score
Visit site
so it has the exact same engine as an R6? I test rode someone's R6 a few years ago and did not like non-linear power distribution.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so it has the exact same engine as an R6? I test rode someone's R6 a few years ago and did not like non-linear power distribution.[/QUOT

I believe it has different cams and shifts the power band somewhat lower. Pretty tame under 5-6k RPM, starts pulling pretty hard and steady after that.

My 07, with stock gearing, will power wheelie in first if I get on it hard two up also... With the Scorp's it sounds really good winding up!

jon123

Reaction score
Visit site
Your '07 looks similar to my kawi z750s (before its fatal showdown :().

The seats look much more comfy too. I do a lot of two-up riding with my wife so that would be a plus.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree.. my FZ is only a beast when I want it to be. It surprises my friends how tame it is then when unleashed it is so fun!!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
It may be an old R6 motor at best. Not the same animal, the R6 is pumping out close to 130hp compared to 85hp on the FZ6. But hey, they both are 600's;)

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It may be an old R6 motor at best. Not the same animal, the R6 is pumping out close to 130hp compared to 85hp on the FZ6. But hey, they both are 600's;)

You're comparing r6 crank hp to fz6 wheel hp. Apples to oranges. Now, there are many threads, if you use the search, that go into great detail about how the fz engine came to be.