• No

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 33 32.7%

• Total voters

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The butt dyno doesn't really answer this one. The problem is that the wifes a relatively new rider so we can't race to answer this question because which ever bike I'm on, I'd win.

I do think I saw something that said the blue one has like 10 more HP.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
OK I've been looking for a place to post this and I think this is the appropriate thread. Anyway, I've grown very curious about this "buzz" sound coming from my bike. The "buzzy" sound ONLY happens around 7000 RPMs and occurs in all six speeds/gears. I checked the tightness of bolts throughout the bike along with checking the chain tightness and rear tire alignment. All checks out. It's curiosity that's got me wondering about the "BUZZ" at 7000 RPMs more than anything. I get NO vibrations through the handle bars, tank or seat as others have mentioned just this loud annoying "BUZZING" sound at 7000 RPMs. Did I mention that I'm getting a "buzzing" sound at 7000 RPMs :Sport:

deljs

Reaction score
Visit site
I have noticed a buzzing sound around 6k. Turns out to be the clutch lever. Just a finger on it and it goes away. Once I realized it was harmless and RPM specific, I haven't been bothered/concerned/annoyed by it anymore. Perhaps that's similar to what you have going on. Here's hoping anyway.

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a physical-mechanical buzz around 5k, most likely a clamp or small metal part vibrating, but it seems to have corrected itself now that the weather is warmer. The engine and tranny seem so to work fine, so I'm not gonna go try fixing something that aint broke.

I'm always impressed at how smooth the engine is at 4k. If it weren't for the throttle response I'd think there was not motor at all.