• No

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 33 32.7%

• Total voters

Rolly

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't hear it at all, even if I forget to wear earplugs which is a rarity in itself. It's more a vibe through the bars and pegs at a very specific rev range.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't consider it an issue (buzzing). When there is some, I think that it's kind of soothing, maybe like a subtle purr with the four cylinders humming. But, hey, I guess there are other models that have less vibrations, say that are similar to riding in a Cadillac where one can't even hear the motor?)\ As far as the off/on throttle --- I think that one has to acquire the right "touch" otherwise, yeah, it can be jerky. There's a new thread somewhere about a simple throttle play mod that will decrease the twist needed to accelerate...maybe that helps after coming off the brakes?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep that was also written by someone whi has not ridden one. Get a test ride and see what you think.

Nel

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
There's loads of bull**** like this floating round the Old fazer forum. "Ooh, it's got no midrange, you have to scream the tits off it to get anywhere" etc. Load of crap, the performance is there, if you can't get it out of the bike it's your riding that's rubbish, not the bike.

All bikes vibrate to some degree, but I've never noticed the Missus' bike to be overly buzzy, certainly no more than any other bike I've ridden and way less than my old shape Fazer.

The throttle action can catch me out if I've not ridden it for a while, but I soon get used to it again. It would be nice to get rid of the delay, I've had a tinker with the throttle cables at the engine end, but it doesn't seem to have made much difference. I just take it as part of the bike's character and ride around it, it's not difficult.

Davop

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a little buzzy. But better that than a paint shaker like a famous VTwin. Grip Puppies and gel gloves take most of the buzz away.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get a "buzz" through the seat, starts about 5000 and goes away by the time you hit 5500 rpm. Thought it was wierd when I first felt it, but ya get used to it, and I don't really notice it at all now. generally, just hit a lower gear and power through it.. :)

H

HavBlue

The throttle action can catch me out if I've not ridden it for a while, but I soon get used to it again. It would be nice to get rid of the delay, I've had a tinker with the throttle cables at the engine end, but it doesn't seem to have made much difference. I just take it as part of the bike's character and ride around it, it's not difficult.

There's a delay in the throttle action? Please articulate....... I'm missing it or Yamaha forgot to install it.......:thumbup:

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
I think so. I've come from GSXR's, and find it a bit buzzy. Part of that is because I can't really hear the exhaust though LOL, so fitting an aftermarket one should change the noises considerably.

Y

yukon_alex

Having just returned from putting 4300km on a brand new 2007 model, I often thought about the buziness (is that a real word?) of the engine while riding. Can you feel some virbration? Yes. Is it intrusive in any way? Not that I could tell. I was able to ride for 3 hours at a time and never once did my hands go numb or experience even a slight tingle when I turned it off.

I can remember riding my R100RS in the same way and barely able to use the brake when it was time to slow down. the FZ is worlds better than that!

As to power, I was "sport-touring", keeping the engine between 5000 and 10000 rpm and it has lots of jam for the street. If I was out for a sport ride, I would keep it above 8000 and probably regularly hear Capt. Kirk calling for warp factor 10! If you want a tractor (tons of low end torque) buy a John Deere. For the vast majority of people in the US and Canada (where speed limits are low) the FZ flat out hauls!

aaronrosencrans

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a delay in the throttle action? Please articulate....... I'm missing it or Yamaha forgot to install it.......:thumbup:

Pretty sure mine is missing that feature too! I've got lots of power at all ranges that will throw even my tubby self around! :rockon:

As for the buzz...maybe a slight nut buzz at cruising speeds and RPMs, but that's to be expected. It's a niiiiice! :thumbup:

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed that each bike can be different. I have two '07 FZ6's. I've had a red one for almost a year now and it's really smooth. I just got a blue one that's got just over 1,800 miles on it now and I do notice buzzing in the handlebars. My blue one doesn't get as good of mileage as the red one either. I get consistant 55 MPG with the red one, and get between 47 and 50 MPG with the blue one.

Y

yukon_alex

I've noticed that each bike can be different. I have two '07 FZ6's. I've had a red one for almost a year now and it's really smooth. I just got a blue one that's got just over 1,800 miles on it now and I do notice buzzing in the handlebars. My blue one doesn't get as good of mileage as the red one either. I get consistant 55 MPG with the red one, and get between 47 and 50 MPG with the blue one.

HIJACK!

All right then, I think you might be the only person qualified to settle the one burning question repeatedly asked on the forum: WHICH COLOR IS FASTER? Of course, judging by the fact that the blue one has the worst mileage, I would guess it is because you are going faster on it than on the red one....:)

segue00

Burrrppppp, aaaaaahhhh
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

That's just because the blue is faster than the red, for sure.:Flash: