FZ6 Cup spec streetfighter!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a short video of the bike...and that glorious sounding pipe!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYdE4wAv9E]YouTube - Pink FZ6 Cup bike goes Orange...and to the streets[/ame]

:rockon:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mmmm :drool: that sounds incredible.... I just have one question for ya though Jamie....Why in the world would you street legalize a hehehe nah, just jokin'!!

I hope the roads dry up for you soon so you can take that beauty out! There is just something about that orange bike.....hot!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mmmm :drool: that sounds incredible.... I just have one question for ya though Jamie....Why in the world would you street legalize a hehehe nah, just jokin'!!

I hope the roads dry up for you soon so you can take that beauty out! There is just something about that orange bike.....hot!

Aaaaargh! Just sitting here putting on my leathers...and it's starts raining cats & dogs again! Grrrrrrrrr! Not just spittere spatter...decent rain.....youknow the stuff that comes down sideways!

:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks sweet mate , i'd love to hear it in real life though coz its sounds sooo much like my Micron's :drool: :drool:

*cough* the microns sound better *cough*

yep, and the Two BRothers pipes growl all over the microns! My TB's are way louder than the the GYTR pipe! But only with the baffles out! :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to take "Oinky" for a ride last night.....no brake light! forgot to re-connect the brake light sensor! Doh! time to get in behind that headlight and get it sorted....silly thing is, i knew we had one extra lead that was not connected, when we put it all back together....

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok have now managed to take "Oinky" for a decent ride...300km's through the twisties on the weekend.

Before i went out i thought i was going to struggle to ride that far on a hbike with such a tight seating position, your knees really are up quite high compared to normal...But after 300km's i felt fine...tired, but fine.

As for how the bike went....very well! Handled like it was on rails, although i did play with the steering damper, and did have a hellish tank slapper at speed at one point, but once i stiffened it up, the wiggles were gone....this was in in an area full of big sweepers, in the tight stuff, i did have to back off on the damper, as it was definitely impeding turn in at lower speeds, when running with it on nearly full damping, from the open road stuff.

The bike is definitely more stable in corners, and with much more side grip from the super sticky tyres, it is much easier to get round the bend!

The brakes are very good, have not looked at what pads YRT have put in there, but whatever they are, i will be getting them again!

I have now ridden twice as many K's on the bike, as i had on the track, and edfinitely got to know it a bit better...which has gotta help next time i ge to the track...next Saturday, May 09.

The bike will have to go the track like it is now, as race fairings are yet to be painted, or repaired.

But better that, than not at all.

This has been a good experiment.

:thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
glad to see it was worth while... hopefully it does lead into helping you on the track.. id be nice to see more pictures before you take it all apart again...

W

wrightme43

I would ride the hell out of it man. You know you could put little pink bunny ears on it as a sort of memorial??

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would ride the hell out of it man. You know you could put little pink bunny ears on it as a sort of memorial??

I plan to put at least another 300km's on it at least this week, not including Saturday's track day.....

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, track day time is nearly here...will endeavour to get both some video, and photo's of "Pinky", AKA "Oinky'.

Would not been able to do today's track day, if i didnt do this...

:rockon:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wolf - quick question.. in your sig you have your 06 with r6 callipers.. are they still on the stock forks or did you upgrade them.. looking to get more brake power, but no $$ for the r6 swap yet.. thanks

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Since you now have two bikes and having ridden the track bike on the street would you change (add or subtract)anything you had done to the original street bike if you started from scratch again? I know it is easy to be sentimental about certain modifications but I was just curious if you view it any differently now either based on comfort or performance.

Good luck on the track!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
wolf - quick question.. in your sig you have your 06 with r6 callipers.. are they still on the stock forks or did you upgrade them.. looking to get more brake power, but no $$ for the r6 swap yet.. thanks

He has '08 forks that will fit the R6 calipers......actually I think the '08 calipers are the same as the older R6 calipers. Hence the "upgraded brakes" on the '07 and up.