FZ6 concept

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
+1 on the swing arm! I like the idea of making the FZ6 a bit sportier to differentiate it from the new XJ6, but this IMO is too far. I get the impression this concept has been drawn up to rival the Triumph Street Triple; stumpy pillion seat, cropped front fender and rear hugger...

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I like the front, gas tank etc... except the headlight... I like a fairing on mine. Hate the tail, took the FZ6 comfortable ergos and seat away and left same old cookie cutter, super sport R6 blah, blah crap...

HowlFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it looks sharp. It's the natural progression for the line. With the FZ6-R bringing in newb's, there is room to make the FZ-6 sportier. I like it.

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the 09 better.
The 09 looks like a crotch rocket. The new concept bike just looks like another cheap naked bike.
If the bean conters at Yamaha had any sense, they would come out with an FZ7 @ around $7995.
But I don`t expect them to do anythig sensible. They destroyed the V-Max.
If Yamaha offered a light weight modern designed V-Max with the old 150 horse moter on it, I would buy one tomorrow.
Something that has the seating position of and looked like the 09 FZ6 with the old Max 150 horse motor.

Last edited:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not really loving that concept. From the tank forward it is pretty cool but as many have said before, it looks like a RR. I bought an FZ6 because I love me a standard motorcycle. The rear sets seem too far back on that bike. And the tail is set up like a race bike.

Pardon my ignorance but I dont' recall seeing an XJ6 here in the states. Is that another model? It seems to be an FZ6 Naked in one config and more heavely faired in another.

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Pardon my ignorance but I dont' recall seeing an XJ6 here in the states. Is that another model? It seems to be an FZ6 Naked in one config and more heavely faired in another.

The XJ6 is the European FZ6R... available naked or half faired. Same de-tuned set up, just slightly different plastics from what I understand.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Ugg. They really shouldn't' dilute the brand / model. So in reality, we end up with a Naked, 1/4 fared and 1/2 fared version of the bike, with the 1/4 fared version being the powerful, better equipped version.

That makes the FZ6 a bike for the more 'aware' rider but also makes it the bike which is less in demand. Heck, the FZ6R is dominating sales here (East Coast, US). I have never even seen an 09 FZ6. Dealers haven't had them in stock, haven't seen one on the streets. Shame. Maybe I'm a weirdo but I love a 'standard' bike that really was built for an experienced rider.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
love the inverted forks, swingarm, tank, and overall design.

Hate not seeing an undertail exhaust, that pilon seat, and the gauge cluster

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Style-wise I like that the pillion seat is separate. It would look nice and clean with a cowl. That's it though. The sole reason I got the FZ6 over the SV was the undertail exhaust. If at all possible, any future bike I get will have an underseat exhaust as well. So that's a 'fail' in my book. Inverted forks are always nice, the swingarm just looks bulky, and the ass is too pointy. I'll keep my soon-to-be-naked '07.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the artist was trying to make the fz6 look more like the fz1...

Last edited: