FZ6 Colours: Galaxy Blue and Something Darker.

Bonner

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys.

I had a bit of a drop earlier and cracked the nose fairing on my 04 FZ6. I lost a bit but managed to pick most of it up and bring it back with me. Gonna get something to weld plastic together and some filler and rebuild it. I also have the optional side fairings from the 04 that are also scratched from drops (Previous owner, I just took 'em off). I'll make a project of it and do those while I'm at it.

Now my question is regarding colours. Officially my FZ is 'Galaxy Blue'. Now I presume the Galaxy Blue is the tank colour, but there are parts of the bike that are a darker blue. Sort of like the 'Ocean Depth' colour of the later FZ6s. I have a good place that I can get touch up pots from, I just need to know what the darker colour is? Is it actually Ocean Depth or is it just some mashup Yamaha mystery colour? Anyone got any ideas?

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, my first Yam was that year too. People used to ask the color and I'd tell them 'several shades of blue' and silver!:BLAA:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
the deep purplish blue metallic (DPBMC) is actually the yamaha racing blue (team yamaha blue), so i bet its different than what you have on your fz

here's a pic of dpbmc