fz6 bikes

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I know what you mean! I embedded a Honda into the front axle of a big truck at 60 mph and it bent the forks back against the engine and bent the frame! Sorry piece of crap!

son of a..... It isn't limited to Yamaha or Honda, a guy I know looped out a wheelie on a Ninja 636 on the interstate at about 80, the bike was hit by a 18 wheeler and knocked off an overpass into the path of a cement truck. The piece of junk wasn't even ridable after that. Lousy Kawasaki....

:BLAA:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
You really need to correct what you're saying.

You don't have a problem with the bike. You have a problem with the insurance company for totaling the bike.

The FZ6 has a cast frame. Cast generally doesn't bend, it just breaks.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah that what this is but hey if they give me like 3100 for the bike i be happy if not there is going to be a big problem i am going back to the older bikes i will gladly take more weight then speed nothing like thowing money out the window

I love me some classic Honda CB series old bikes but how can you call your accident 'throwing money out the window". I've yet to see any bike advertised as 'crashable' appart from the Buel Blast. If you lay a bike down, you hurt it. 1980 Honda or 2009 FZ6. The bike didn't' total itself.

ScubaSteve08

Reaction score
Visit site
I laid mine down going like 40mph on an on ramp cuz i hit some gravel on the road. I picked it up, started it, drove it home with no problems whatsoever. didn't vibrate or nothing just drove like it always did. the frame part that connects to the motor directly above right foot peg was ground down a little but its such a small area that the idea of replacing it is ridiculous. there is literally about a square inch of scratches and thats IT. I'm gonna be ticked if they decide to total it because i just bought it two months ago.

sorry i forgot i already posted on this thread.

Last edited:

ScubaSteve08

Reaction score
Visit site
I am also in the group that has totaled an FZ. I highsided mine into a ditch at 50+ mph and broke my collar bone, the fairing was gone and the bars were bent but i still rode it after i got home from the hospital and it was fine....the ins co wrote it off because the frame has some road rash on it and said that it would have to be replaced, but it was still straight, so if yours is bent then i feel it was prob a freak thing just bc so many others have dumped their FZ's and the frames came out ok. just my .02
yea i'm going through the same mess right now. I lost the bike on an on-ramp when i hit some gravel goin 40 mph. it only slid on its side for like 30 feet. I stood up, picked it up, then drove it home on the highway going ~70 mph. Now it leaks oils, needs a new front fairing, windscreen, mirror, R peg, handlebar, R brake handle, and apparently a new frame as well. Teres just barely enough damage in most of these places that they need to be replaced. What really sucks is that the only dealer around here charges $90 flat rate an hour and they said its a 20.5 hour job to completely repair the bike, but only 6.5 without the frame replacement? anyone else smell a rat? =( that accounts for almost half of the total cost to fix (quote was ~$3,500 for my '06)

Last edited:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
yea i'm going through the same mess right now. I lost the bike on an on-ramp when i hit some gravel goin 40 mph. it only slid on its side for like 30 feet. I stood up, picked it up, then drove it home on the highway going ~70 mph. Now it leaks oils, needs a new front fairing, windscreen, mirror, R peg, handlebar, R brake handle, and apparently a new frame as well. Teres just barely enough damage in most of these places that they need to be replaced. What really sucks is that the only dealer around here charges $90 flat rate an hour and they said its a 20.5 hour job to completely repair the bike, but only 6.5 without the frame replacement? anyone else smell a rat? =( that accounts for almost half of the total cost to fix (quote was ~$3,500 for my '06)

Doesn't sound strange at all. Think about what it'd take to replace the frame: remove EVERYTHING from the old frame, and put it on the new frame. Can YOU do that in less than 20 hours?