FZ6 as a new bike?

ThatsRicci

Reaction score
Visit site
imho, ride what you want. No two riders learn the same, no two people are the same. If you have confidence in your ability, then exercise it. I believe with that confidence you also will ride with a humble attitude and be prepared for sticky situations that will come up. The MSF course is a MUST!!!!

After the MSF course, I say go ride any bike you want to. I know plenty of riders who have went straight to the bike of their dreams and would never have done it any other way. Getting a bike you don't want just because you feel you have to is a quick way to either A: turn you off to riding altogether, or B: be a hassle, cost you more $$... Can't focus on the negatives, as accidents happen but don't assume they will, that will just negatively affect you current decision.

Take it slow, stay around the neighborhood, get used to interacting with traffic, watch other riders - observe what the safest line is when dealing with traffic and not.

You know what you're capable of, respect the ride and the ride respects you. Fz6 all the way, it was my first bike, 17k miles later I wouldn't have done it any other way!

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
As others have said, it depends on your riding style.

Except for a 250cc Suzuki at my MSF course, I have only been on my brand-new 09 FZ6 that I purchased a week and a half after taking the course. I've only put about 4,000 miles on it now, so I'm very inexperienced myself.

I didn't want to start on a 250 because a few of my much-lighter-than-me friends started on one and within months wanted something bigger. I figured I'd start with something bigger and grow into it.

Of course, if you can't keep the throttle under control and not get carried away, that's a very bad idea... so - it depends on you.