Fz6 and Golf?

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, this may be dumb, but is there any way to carry clubs on my bike other than using the shoulder straps? Tried carrying the bag with the straps, made bag perpendicular to the bike, went around the neighborhood but proved to have trouble with balance. So i guess my question is... is there any type of extension or something to use to carry my clubs? thanks for the help

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess you could try putting the strap across your chest so the bag is diagonal across your back to balance the load more evenly. I also play golf and wondered about it myself.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
IF you have a rain cover (to keep the clubs from sliding out) it's easy to just strap them down to the pillion. Lay your bag on the pillion and use secure straps to tie it to the grab rails. Again, a rain cover or something to keep the clubs in place is a must.

The bag doesn't really stick out far on the sides. I'd be suprised if your rig ends up any wider than it is with saddle bags.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Take the bloody car...

Steve

Hahahaha....now that's funny, Steve. :thumbup:
A golf course is a terrible waste of what could be a wonderful rifle range.
I've seen at least one biker with his clubs strapped on his passenger seat sideways. It looks odd, but it really didn't stick out that much side to side.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone ever seen a side car on an FZ6? I'm curious as to how that would work...

I've spent some time daydreaming about that myself. Most sidecar makers say their products are universal, but only for 1000cc+ machines.

I actually saw an old Vespa Scooter with a sidecar a few weeks ago.

I googled "Scooter Sidecar" to find a pic to post and I found this... As a VW Bus lover I have to say this is AWESOME:
875756800_6d8335d021.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've spent some time daydreaming about that myself. Most sidecar makers say their products are universal, but only for 1000cc+ machines.

I googled "Scooter Sidecar" to find a pic to post and I found this... As a VW Bus lover I have to say this is AWESOME:
875756800_6d8335d021.jpg

Now THAT is way too cool! I love it!

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

875756800_6d8335d021.jpg
Sweet :rockon:

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Now THAT is way too cool! I love it!

And maybe, just maaaayyyybe, that's a Ferrari F40 sidecar behind it. It's a stretch, but you never know. Now that could work on the Fazer.

To keep from totally threadjacking I feel the need to point out that the VW Bus sidecar would be more adept at carrying clubs than the F40.

adumb

Reaction score
Visit site
i am a absolute fanatic when it comes to playing golf and had a similar problem... my course in on my way to work so it was either take the car and golf or take the bike and not get to... definately a touch choice...

not sure if you play at the same course alot or not but what i did was just simply got a locker at my cc and left my stuff there. i could take the bike go grab my clubs from the locker and be all good.

if you don't play the same place alot it could stink cause you might have to go to that course to pick up your clubs then go play where ever you were going to... most nice places have lockers and some places that don't would probably put them aside for you no problem assuming that you play there enough to make it worth the aggravation for them.

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
IF you have a rain cover (to keep the clubs from sliding out) it's easy to just strap them down to the pillion. Lay your bag on the pillion and use secure straps to tie it to the grab rails. Again, a rain cover or something to keep the clubs in place is a must.

The bag doesn't really stick out far on the sides. I'd be suprised if your rig ends up any wider than it is with saddle bags.

It might be giving this a try today if my friend doesn't back out of playing. If it works out, I'll have solved the "damn it's nice outside, but do I ride or play golf" question once and for all.

This also looks promising, but not at the price they're asking:
gallery