FZ6 2005 to 2007 speedo conversion?? Possible??

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to change the round speedo on the 2005 model to the newer 2007> speedo? And is it a simple plug and play?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Not plug and play but it is possible. Will be a pain in comparison to an aftermarket speedo which will have lap timers and stuff the stocker doesn't. I think Koso is the big brand name of aftermarket ones very nice looking and very trick!

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought it might have been an easy swap :( The round speedo is just a bit too clumsy looking for me, I know that sounds a bit vain but...?

Do the Koso speedos still do all the petrol gage etc?? How easy are they to fit?

How can i get hold of the wiring diagram for the speedo connectors on the bike?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Koso guages: :: KOSO NORTH AMERICA :: Gauges, LED bars, Accessories for Motorcycles, ATV, Cars, Scooters and snowmobile <you can pick your features. This is the North America website and I am not sure where Stockport is but your bike says FZ6N so I assume you are not in North America. There are other choices also I am sure and probably Koso not North America. :thumbup:

Wiring diagram (and everything else you would ever need to know): http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/320-2004-through-2007-manuals-download-here.html

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the UK. The 'N' is for Naked.

Thanks for all your help madmanmaigret, i'll have a good look and post a reply when i choose the right one.

:thumbup:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the UK. The 'N' is for Naked.

Thanks for all your help madmanmaigret, i'll have a good look and post a reply when i choose the right one.

:thumbup:

If you still have problems after that, contact Wavex on here, he had one on his FZ.....and is very helpful so would probably help you if need be.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I know, I'm a sucker for trying to be different!!

I've been making a list of the other bits i want to mod on my FZ6...:
TCP belly panel (2007 Fazer model)
Yamaha seat cowl
Two Brothers silencers
LED back light cluster
Fly screen (2007 model) once i've got the Koso RX2

I need to take a new mortgage to afford everything...! :D

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I've cut my speedo wiring harness on my 2007 and taking out approx 12 inches of the wires while doing my naked conversion. While doing all that, I would have to say that it would be possible. Sauldering wasn't bad at all. If I were you, I would used the wiring diagrams found at the end of the 2006 & 2007 service manuals and match up the wires in order to see how hard it would be.

Rt507404

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just picked up a 2005 fz6 and went for a ride today. Was riding in a 55mph zone and speedo said I was doing 65mph but cars were passing me left and right...I'm thinking my mph is off. Any ideas????

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With stock sprockets and stock tyres, the FZ6 speedo reads approximately 7% fast. (meaning at 65mph indicated, you're actually doing closer to 60mph)

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
So I just picked up a 2005 fz6 and went for a ride today. Was riding in a 55mph zone and speedo said I was doing 65mph but cars were passing me left and right...I'm thinking my mph is off. Any ideas????

Check with a GPS. On both my old kawasaki's:
65mph indicated = 62mph actual
80mph indicated = 75mph actual