Fz6 2005 strange things started to happen

Arthur

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you contacted Yamaha yet about the TPS? All the symptoms you have strongly suggest a TPS issue.

Neil

Probably you were right at the beginning!I ended up dropping the bike to the yamaha dealers. Once I said the problems the mechanic straight away said it is probably faulty TPS. Even if in diagnose mode it shows that everything's fine it may be faulty.They checked the bike in database it hasn't been done yet. So they will do that free of charge,then test drive it and will let me know if it sorted out or some further investigation may be needed.
He said as well that there's a chance that valves may do this as well if the gap is to small and when it heats up it gets even smaller. So fingers crossed I will find out everything Monday.

Thanks everyone for opinions and help I will post the results later on!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably you were right at the beginning!I ended up dropping the bike to the yamaha dealers. Once I said the problems the mechanic straight away said it is probably faulty TPS. Even if in diagnose mode it shows that everything's fine it may be faulty.They checked the bike in database it hasn't been done yet. So they will do that free of charge,then test drive it and will let me know if it sorted out or some further investigation may be needed.
He said as well that there's a chance that valves may do this as well if the gap is to small and when it heats up it gets even smaller. So fingers crossed I will find out everything Monday.

Thanks everyone for opinions and help I will post the results later on!
I don't profess to be at all mechanically inclined, the knowledge I have gained has all come from this brilliant forum. The TPS often wont throw up any weird codes. Running the diagnostics will rule out any other issues.
The engine is pretty bullet proof and I reckon that the TPS swap will sort you right out.
Get them to do the sprocket washer as well as that was also a recall for our 2005 model.
Let us know how you get on.

Neil

Arthur

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep this forum is really great help. If you talking about the front sprocket washer which goes under the bolt that bended one ? I have mine changed with new set of sprockets and chain unless its another one.

Arthur

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up the bike. All they did was changing the TPS. I can say that I bought the bike about 1500 miles ago and it was never that smooth. I couldn't believe that it is the same bike I'm riding! I think I'm in love with it once again :)
One more time thanks everybody for quick responses and help, as Nelly suggested it was a faulty TPS.