FZ1N Bi-xenon retrofit

makanouchi

Reaction score
Visit site
So I converted my bike to naked and purchased a FZ1N headlight. Ordered the H4 projector like Godzilla and Boneman for a quick and easy install. I'm no stranger to modifying headlights so installation was very straight forward.

IMG_6521.jpg

After a week with the projector, I decided I wasn't satisfied with the light output. The beam was not uniform, some parts were brighter then others and the light cut-off is not as good as an oem projector. It was better than the stock H4 but I was used to dual OEM bi-xenon projectors on my stock headlights....pretty much like driving with daylight in front of me :) I also didn't like how the projector looked in the reflector. It didn't have a "factory" look that I always try to achieve. Anyways, found a good deal on a FX-35 bi-xenon projector and went to work. Here are the results:

IMG_6723.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

IMG_6742.jpg

The projector is mounted directly to the hacked stock reflector with 4 bolts. I'll post some pictures on the bike once the ballast comes in and the wiring is done. No write-up this time because the process was pretty much the same as my write-up on the stock headlights. Your comments are welcomed.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Very very very HOT! :) Congrats and good job.. Im jealous! You have the old projectors? I would love to take it off your hands! :)

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
most of the time you have to bake @265 degrees farenheit for 7 minutes to loosen the glue holding the lens on. Unless the streetfighter is any different which I highly doubt, this is how you would remove the lens.