FZ1 or Renthal Superbike Bars

FZ1 or Renthal Superbike Bars

• FZ1 bars - can't go wrong with genuine Yamaha

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Renthal - go for the industry leader (in color)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • FZ6 - just replace the original bars and stop being a tart

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on which Renthal bars you go with...
Some have the exact same characteristics as the FZ1 bars, they just cost more.
Some have different designs, different pullback, rise, etc.

I just installed the FZ1 bars on my bike and it's a big change from my old bars so I can't really give a subjective opinion yet.

W

wrightme43

I got the daytona superbike bend, and it is just all wrong.

I want to get a set of drag bars. I think I will be happy with drag bars. LOL

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
By drag bars do you mean straight bars? The FZ1 bars are pretty straight while still having a sporty feel.

My old bars were HUGE and straight, because they were meant for a dirt bike

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Renthal road medium bars in gold on my red 07 FZ6. I wish I went with the ultra low or street fighter bend because I like more of an aggressive riding position.
The bars aren't much different from the stock FZ6 bars, except that they are slightly wider and have less sweep, so it made steering a little easier and brought my shoulders a little farther forward.
I am definitely happy with the upgrade, and would recommend it to anyone!:thumbup:

This is the link to the different color options

This is the link to the different size/bend options

Hope this helps, and good luck with the purchase!:rockon:

PS - This thread will show the difference between stock FZ6 and FZ1 bars

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Simple Chrome Drag Bars are cheap, easy to replace, look great, and work just as well as expensive Renthal, or FZ1 bars that Yamaha charge an arm and a leg for...i paid $39 for my drag bars, and when i crashed and bent em, it was a $39 fix.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh and in the tradition of me posting a zillion photo's, here's a photo of my bars on my fz.

View attachment 14202

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Simple Chrome Drag Bars are cheap, easy to replace, look great, and work just as well as expensive Renthal, or FZ1 bars that Yamaha charge an arm and a leg for...i paid $39 for my drag bars, and when i crashed and bent em, it was a $39 fix.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh and in the tradition of me posting a zillion photo's, here's a photo of my bars on my fz.

View attachment 14202

My Flat Renthals :thumbup:

Yay! i am not the only one with bar end mirrors and flat bars....looks awesome i reckon, i am sure at least one person agree's!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how the flat bars would look with a fairing but at least for the FZ1 bars you could try them before you buy them.....go sit on one at the dealer.

banditandy

Reaction score
Visit site

Just my 2 cents.

View attachment 14202

Yay! i am not the only one with bar end mirrors and flat bars....looks awesome i reckon, i am sure at least one person agree's!

I just love the riding position with these bars, sooo much better then the standard bars :thumbup:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The fz1 bars are cheap, too. I just ordered a pair from ronayers.com and the total was just a little over $40 with shipping. I'm going to try them, if I don't like them, I'll post them in the classifieds...and then try some of those renthals.

I don't think that flat bars would be all that good for road riding. (Don't shoot me, it's just my opinion.) They're ok for style, but it seems like they'd be off ergonomically-speaking. I'd think I'd want at least a little sweep.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just love the riding position with these bars, sooo much better then the standard bars :thumbup:

Agreed, have ridden about 12000km's with flat bars now...it is not that much different ewrgonomically, other than giving you a better "connection" with the front wheel.

The fz1 bars are cheap, too. I just ordered a pair from ronayers.com and the total was just a little over $40 with shipping. I'm going to try them, if I don't like them, I'll post them in the classifieds...and then try some of those renthals.

I don't think that flat bars would be all that good for road riding. (Don't shoot me, it's just my opinion.) They're ok for style, but it seems like they'd be off ergonomically-speaking. I'd think I'd want at least a little sweep.

Read above comments...have done lots of touring & sportsriding with these bars, and i have a bad back 7 shoulders, and they give me no grief...

:thumbup:

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed, have ridden about 12000km's with flat bars now...it is not that much different ewrgonomically, other than giving you a better "connection" with the front wheel.

Read above comments...have done lots of touring & sportsriding with these bars, and i have a bad back 7 shoulders, and they give me no grief...

:thumbup:

Where did you get your flat bars at?

jwhelan

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a set of FZ1 bars on monday. Cost me 50$CDN from the dealer. Gonna take 7-10 days to arrive though :(

In case anyone is wondering, the part number for the FZ1 bars is 2D1-26111-01-00

Postal1979

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered Fz1 bars 2 weeks ago from hiddentrailsatv.com. After a week with no status change on order I emailed them. Gave them 3 days to respond. No reply email back! Canceled the order on saturday!!!!!:Flip: Went to Boats.com sat night ordered it. Bars will be shipped tomorrow. :rockon:

Hopefully ill get them by this weekend. If not Ill have them early next week.:thumbup:

trailblazer

Reaction score
Visit site
With the FZ1 bar setup, do I need to change all the cables? Currently I have Helbrake hoses whilst others are stock cables.

I would presume the diameter is similar to fz6's and I hope it feels alot more aggressive ..:rockon:

Depending on which Renthal bars you go with...
Some have the exact same characteristics as the FZ1 bars, they just cost more.
Some have different designs, different pullback, rise, etc.

I just installed the FZ1 bars on my bike and it's a big change from my old bars so I can't really give a subjective opinion yet.

Last edited:

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I'm researching this drag bar idea too, and though I'd prefer black, chrome is fine too. It won't clash with anything. I've got an 08' here in the USA, and my hands are hurting bad with the stock bars and grips. These cheap drag bars you got, did you have to do anything funky with cables? What about tank clearance?
It seems to me that the bend is all wrong for my wrists and hands with the stock bar. I just ordered gel grips in an effort to keep this brand new bike I's starting to not like to ride because of aching and pains. I'm not even an old dude, if you count almost 40 not being old!

- Troy

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol. I must be crazy. I'm buying the Renthal HIGH bars in grey. Everyone seems to be wanting to go lower and I'm installing risers and going higher! I want my comfort!!! :cheer: