FZ1 go bye bye?

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Since there is word that the FZ6 will be never more. Will it's big brother also being going as well the FZ1 of course? I hope not do you think they will come out with a FZ1R? Just think what that would look like. Just wondering don't scald me to bad :spank:

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard that too...this coming year would be the last for the FZ6. This was not from a reliable source. As for the FZ1, I think it may stay around since it is the only other 1k bike in the US lineup. I am speculating. Personally, from all the reviews of the FZ1, especially the latest ones, the engine needs to be revved too much for such a big bike that should have more torque. Also, it is a gas hog. So, why? Why get an FZ1 for 30%more money than the FZ6?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I heard that too...this coming year would be the last for the FZ6. This was not from a reliable source. As for the FZ1, I think it may stay around since it is the only other 1k bike in the US lineup. I am speculating. Personally, from all the reviews of the FZ1, especially the latest ones, the engine needs to be revved too much for such a big bike that should have more torque. Also, it is a gas hog. So, why? Why get an FZ1 for 30%more money than the FZ6?

Now I don't know about the US, but here in Europe the FZ6 have been extremely successfully,
so I would find it very odd if Yamaha was to stop it.
It would be bad businesses to stop a brand name that sells that god.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know exact numbers, but typically in the US the supersports are more popular. the reason is most people here buy bikes for fun and not for commuting purposes. The FZ6 has been somewhat successful from what you see on this forum, but I think it will have internal competition from the FZ6R. Plus, in the US, we like it bigger (doens't make sense), so people keep upgrading to larger displacement bikes. personally, I don't ever see why I would need anything bigger than a 600cc. I did wish the torque was distributed differently.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, everything I have read says last year for the FZ6 at least in the US but I have a feeling that may be world wide.

This bike is just too much for the general public, it's gotta go. We need a safer, more gentle detuned FZ6R to keep you young hooligans from hurting someone.

Or some $hit like that.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd hate to see Yamaha quit selling the FZ6 in the United States. I can't think of another bike in production that strikes such a balance between performance, functionality and price.

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno about the U.S., but I can think of plenty of bikes in Australia that have Price, Functionality and Performance on their side....Most are bigger than a 600 though, e.g. GSX1400, XJR1300, Z750, VTR1000 firestorm (Crap fuel range tho) and there is plenty more for under the $12000 dollar mark (AU)....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno about the U.S., but I can think of plenty of bikes in Australia that have Price, Functionality and Performance on their side....Most are bigger than a 600 though, e.g. GSX1400, XJR1300, Z750, VTR1000 firestorm (Crap fuel range tho) and there is plenty more for under the $12000 dollar mark (AU)....

Yes, good point big fella, but i reckon there is still a market for a FZ6...with a bit of go...the new XJ series is a massive step backwards...lower spec brakes , less power......

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
So what is this gonna do for the already VAST aftermarket? I'm having hard enough time finding stuff I like... Much less when it costs even more...

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
So what is this gonna do for the already VAST aftermarket? I'm having hard enough time finding stuff I like... Much less when it costs even more...

The FZ has been/is a popular bike, as they get older more and more people look to modify, or replace parts. Even though production ceases it can be that part availability increases.

The main thing is that if a bike has a strong engine, and is something people want to keep then after market suppliers actually produce more options as they see a market open. The market opens more as bikes come out of warranty periods etc, because people tend to want to modify more.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't be suprised if there would be just and new model next year of the fz6. The fz6 is just a big succes here in Europe. I heard that in the US they have the r6s. That is something we don't have here(not in Belgium or Holland) So probably they will launch a new fz6 here, otherwise we do have an hole in the market. We go then from xj6 to r6, and this step is to big for Europe.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't be suprised if there would be just and new model next year of the fz6. The fz6 is just a big succes here in Europe. I heard that in the US they have the r6s. That is something we don't have here(not in Belgium or Holland) So probably they will launch a new fz6 here, otherwise we do have an hole in the market. We go then from xj6 to r6, and this step is to big for Europe.

You nailed it.

The Fz6 and the R6s, which is nothing more than the older R6's are too close in comparison of models, esp in power range. So to make the step larger they replace te FZ with the new one in hopes that people in the markert for what was the FZ6 will go toward the R6s. Everybody is hurting in the $$ range, so to eliminate models/parts/casts, etc they make bigger changes.

Just my opinion, but then again everybody has one.

-bryan