FZ1 Front End

ross_mct

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, been thinking alot lately about putting a full fz1 front end onto my bike instead of doing the r6 forks. Played around with paint just to see what would look like, oh the excitement.. What do you yhink?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it would look great if you could splash some of the gold elsewhere on the bike! :D

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the process of putting R6 USD forks on my bike. Still waiting on getting all the parts in so I can figure out what has to be modified. Either have to make a new steering stem, or press the fizzer's into the R6 triple. If you want in on any parts I have to make to get it to work, let me know.

ross_mct

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the process of putting R6 USD forks on my bike. Still waiting on getting all the parts in so I can figure out what has to be modified. Either have to make a new steering stem, or press the fizzer's into the R6 triple. If you want in on any parts I have to make to get it to work, let me know.

Thank you for the consideration, i've spoken to my local mechanic and he reckons if i go for the full fz1 front end the only initial issues will be the head bearing sizes and the stem length. Not too many difficult issues, using the fz1 triples makes it alot simpler. Need to get quotes on parts and then i'll let everyone know the exact procedures. And i think if the frame was gold it would look pretty cool to! Thanks for the feedback!:thumbup:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Hello all, been thinking alot lately about putting a full fz1 front end onto my bike instead of doing the r6 forks. Played around with paint just to see what would look like, oh the excitement.. What do you yhink?

I think you have impressive MS Paint skills.

Also, that would be a nice modification, as the FZ1 forks look to be far superior.

Have you compared length of the FZ6 forks to the FZ1 forks? Any difference in length will alter your rake and trail, so know what you're getting into before you buy.

Fred

ross_mct

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you have impressive MS Paint skills.

Also, that would be a nice modification, as the FZ1 forks look to be far superior.

Have you compared length of the FZ6 forks to the FZ1 forks? Any difference in length will alter your rake and trail, so know what you're getting into before you buy.

Fred

Will be doing this soon, the reason i wanted fz1 forks is actually to try and keep the dimensions as similar as possible. The r6 USD forks will change the bikes posture quite considerably, thus fz1 forks.. Will let you know the dimensions when i get hold of it!

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some 06 R6 forks, and they are the same length as the original forks. There will be no significant geometry change.

+1 on the cost of Fz1 forks, going to be expensive!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be surprised if you find anything, you looking at the current model? It hasn't been on the road that long here and there aren't that many around anyway.

Picture looks great though!

ross_mct

Reaction score
Visit site
that would look awesome with gold levers swingarm and passenger footpeg assemblies.

as for the practicality of going through with it.... another story.

:rolleyes:I know the practicality of the mod is questionable and the availability of the fz1 front is at best hopefull, but what can you do with a bit of time on your hands...

wildman

Reaction score
Visit site
I also was thinking about doing this mod.... The more I thought about it, the more I have been just wanting my 6 to totally turn into the 1. Maybe I should have just bought the fz1 instead..... :rolleyes:

lrojasma

Reaction score
Visit site
...you can use R1 2003. model forks since they are same as on FZ1.

I am trying to do this same mod with the R1 2003 forks, and another advantage is that the FZ6 S2 model has the same brake calipers, so as longs as the forks stands is like a simple swap. The big problem that i am having right now is with the upper triple clamp. As the switch seats closer to the frame and gets in the switch lock way, and the lock itself is another problem.

As the fairing, is pretty easy as the FZ1 clamp can be used with the FZ1N headlight, you just have to buy the stay too. So it all will look like stock :) i will love it when i figure out how to put the triple upper in place.