FZ1 Fork and Brake caliper feeler

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any interest in a pair of 2006, gold FZ1 forks, and brake calipers? I converted my FZ1 to R1 forks and radial brakes to I have an extra set now.

I need to figure out what to price them, it will be reasonable, ~$250 for the forks, and ~$50 for the calipers, front axle included.

I'll post better photos later today if there is interest.

View attachment 37413

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Any interest in a pair of 2006, gold FZ1 forks, and brake calipers? I converted my FZ1 to R1 forks and radial brakes to I have an extra set now.

I need to figure out what to price them, it will be reasonable, ~$250 for the forks, and ~$50 for the calipers, front axle included.

I'll post better photos later today if there is interest.

View attachment 37413

I checked the "compatibility chart" and these parts were not listed, so I hope the following are not stupid questions, but: Can these forks be used on an FZ6? Easier or harder than other fork options? I assume they are adjustable, if doable on an FZ6, would they represent enough of an upgrade over the stock forks and brakes to be worth the cost vs. the other options?

I doubt that I am interested, mostly just curious. But if they bolted right on...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You could do it, but you'd need an R1 or an FZ1 triple tree. You'd also need R1 or FZ1 rotors, off the top of my head they are 320mm.

What I don't know is the length of the FZ1 fork vs. the FZ6.

The other part that is would be needed it the FZ1 wheel spacer. They're an OEM part and easily ordered.

Granted this is a more complex project but it is doable. The good thing is these are all OEM parts so you know they are high quality and you can get replacement parts if need be.

Most likely I'll put these on Flea Bay but I wanted to offer them up here first.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
....you'd need an R1 or an FZ1 triple tree. You'd also need R1 or FZ1 rotors...

...The other part that is would be needed it the FZ1 wheel spacer...

...The good thing is these are all OEM parts so you know they are high quality and you can get replacement parts if need be.

I did a quick check at Stadium Yamaha, looks like about $1100 for the needed parts. Too rich and too mechanically complex for my blood.

$250 does sound like a fair price for the fork tubes, they're about $530 each at Stadium Yamaha. Good luck selling at fleabay.