FZ1 bars

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Dumb question. I've read about this, but what exactly do the fz1 bars do? how do they help?

I have an 09 so 07-09 would work on mine ?

Basically they are a flat handle bar (no rise) with a less severe wrist position. Since they have no rise they put your body in a slightly more forward position which is way more comfortable for me.

And yes they will work on your bike

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my FZ1 bar today from Yamaha Sports Plaza ($35). Install planned this weekend. :thumbup:
The wrist angle with the stock bar is insane- way too swept back.

Drew Terry

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed FZ1 bars yesterday, along with ProGrip 719 grips, Grip Puppies, and filled the bars with lead shot.

So far, after a short 45 minute ride today, I love them. Not crazy about leaning a little further forward, so I might get 1" risers. I have the 1" up/back risers so maybe I'll get used to it. In any case, they feel much better turning, leaning, easier on my wrists and shoulders, more responsive, more aggressive, definitely way better. Still a little vibration putting my finger to sleep on my throttle hand, but no big deal, and nothing like with the old bars putting my entire hand to sleep in 20 minutes.

I drilled new holes for both the throttle assembly on the right and headlight assembly on the left, instead of grinding off the plastic dimples. I noticed the throttle tube/grips stuck out about 1/2" past the end of the bar on each side. I drilled the new holes for each far enough in on the bar so the grips line up to the end of the bar. This leaves some of the bar ends exposed, but so far I like how it feels. I can always move them out later.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting...I have been tinking about a bar that gives me a little lean forward. This looks worth a try. I have an 05 FZ6. Is there any particular FZ1-year bar that I need?